Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Marijuana or Ganja(as it is called in Jamaica) grows naturally on the island. It is quite normal to be approached by a seller virtually everywhere and anywhere in the country. It is a normal,everyday occurance in Jamaica and in no way is it a reflection on the country or the fine people of Jamaica. Jamaica, being poor, results in many people trying to make a living by selling the contraband.

They are a respectful and kindly people, if you remain firm, they will, for the most part, leave you alone!

It is different culture! Don't sweat it Mon!
Relax and enjoy-it's a really great place!

BillyBuzzy

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
We the parents weren't offered the drugs for sale...it was our 19 year old and 17 year old...guess they figured the parents "us" didn't look like the partying type! Have a great trip! We did the excursion at Dunns River Falls through the ship- WAY TOO MUCH $$$. The cab there and purchasing of your own ticket---so much cheaper.
They had lockers there for I think $5 to lock your stuff up if you wanted to also.
I wouldn't recommend this if perhaps you are REALLY old or REALLY out of shape. I'm sure you can go on line and see exactly what it entails to decide for yourself if you're up for it. We went in June and yes the water was chilly then too. BUT LOVED IT!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree have a blast it is a vacation!!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
ocho, rios