Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2003, 05:48 PM

We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise recently. It was the Enchantment. A lot of fun, but I thought the food would have been better. Other than that it was great.

But I have priced a balcony room with Carnival and an ocean front room with RCCL and Carnival is a lot cheaper.

Does anybody have any opinions of either. We want to go again and would love to have a balcony.

We are not Seniors, but we are also not teenagers. If this helps?

Thank you
Old 02-21-2003, 05:48 PM

We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise recently. It was the Enchantment. A lot of fun, but I thought the food would have been better. Other than that it was great.

But I have priced a balcony room with Carnival and an ocean front room with RCCL and Carnival is a lot cheaper.

Does anybody have any opinions of either. We want to go again and would love to have a balcony.

We are not Seniors, but we are also not teenagers. If this helps?

Thank you
Old 03-28-2003, 06:11 PM

I've been on 17 cruises on different cruise lines. I can tell you that if you have the opportunity to go on another cruise line that is not Carnival, please do it.

Lil
Old 04-04-2003, 12:32 PM

thanks for the info. I have heard mixed reviews on Carnival.

What line was the best and what ship? Enchantment was nice and the price was in our price range.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:54 PM

Mikey, as I have said in other posts, no one can really tell you which cruise line and which ship fit the bill for you without getting to know you first - your interests, your lifestyle, your preferences, etc. If you enjoyed Royal Caribbean, why not go with them again on a different ship? (I have nothing against Carnival, by the way, and their newer ships can be quite as nice - if a different style of decoration - as RCCL.) Virtually all the cruise lines are offering bargain prices for much of this year. Check with a travel agent to be sure! Karen
Old 06-08-2003, 03:24 PM

I am not quite sure why Carnival gets such a bum rap. My wife and have been 5 cruises 3 of those were on carnival one on Celebrity and on Norwegian. I have never found anything wrong with carnival. Maybe if you are one that wants to hide in a corner and not join in any of the activities then maybe some other cruise line would be better. The food, service and cabins have been very nice. I think the cabins on carnival larger than the cruise lines we have been on. I would give carnival a most definate thumbs up.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:42 PM

We enjoy Princess and Celebrity. We've sailed Carnival 3 times and won't do it again. Friends that swear by Carnival, just got off a Pride cruise. They'll have to thing very hard before going again. The smoking was terrible in all areas of the ship. They were told they could do the Paradise, but the ports and convenience of Port Canaveral were much better. There was a considerably younger crowd on Carnival than what they were used to, and at appeared that everyone smoked. I guess if you're a smoke, it wouldn't be a problem. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:15 AM

I would really go for Royal Caribbean.
Carnival seems to be to be somewhat tacky and common. I'm sure they are good fun, but I think it's just that, nothing more.
JMHO
Old 06-09-2003, 07:48 AM

Thank you for all the replies. I do believe that we will go on Royal Caribbean again. Just not sure on which ship or Eastern/Western cruise. We want to go in Sept/Oct and wondered which area had more of a chance of bad weather. Seems like the Gulf area. Any advice?

Old 06-09-2003, 11:18 PM

I think you made the right decision on RCL. Just plan on being VERY flexible at that time of year. This is the time of year we do Alaska or Europe, as you just never know. The cruise lines follow the storms closely, and will for the most part, get out of the way. On occasion, a storm may change direction rapidly, and you'll catch some of the wind. The prediction is for a lot more hurricanes this year, but unfortunately, they can't predict where they'll come in.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cranival, cruise, fascination, food, lines, royal, versus