Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Well I hope we get non smoking neighbors. It's a shame. If the policy that Oceania follows is true (from a previous post) I wished all cruise lines followed the same.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:37 AM

Isn't that policy just a tad severe? But if you know that in advance, there is really no excuse!

From Oceania's website:

Smoking is expressly forbidden in all Staterooms and Suites, on verandas, or in any areas of the ship other than officially Designated Smoking Areas. Smoking in a stateroom or suite or on a veranda represents a serious fire and safety hazard to all guests and staff. Guests choosing to disregard this policy will be disembarked at the next port of call and may also be subject to additional fees that will be imposed to cover the costs associated with any damage to and the required cleaning of furnishings, verandas and surrounding deck and accommodation areas.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?P...92bff86c&Secure=True
Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Carnival had essentially the same policy for the Paradise when it was first introduced. I think the mere possession of smoking tobacco was grounds for being kicked off the ship. Of course, that attempt at smoke-free cruising eventually fell apart and Paradise quietly became a smoking ship when it was moved to the west coast.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:24 AM

I would just like to comment about the smoking issue. I believe all people have the right to not be subjected to physical illness due to what someone else is doing. Some people really take this a little to far. People are not going to become physically harmed by someone smoking on deck unless they are standing right next to them inhaling. Then at the same time how far do they want to take these issues. I have bad allergies to scented items. This can cause a bad sore throat, and tightening of the chest, pretty much like a really bad cold. Does that give me the right to say I do not want anyone on the ship to wear perfume, cologne, scented deodorant or burn candles. I think you get the idea. Have a little respect for your fellow passengers.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I am also affected by strong perfumes - they can give me a strong headache and make me nauseous and lightheaded. What is it with some people that they need to pour perfume or cologne on by the gallon?

But I don't complain to them. I just get away from them. This is one reason I often use steps instead of elevators - so I don't get trapped for a long ride with a walking bottle of Chanel No. 5.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Usage of the stairs instead of the elevators also helps the waistline! BTW, that was not aimed at you Dave.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
Usage of the stairs instead of the elevators also helps the waistline! BTW, that was not aimed at you Dave.
Well it ought to be aimed at me! I could stand to lose a pound or 30.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I am also affected by strong perfumes - they can give me a strong headache and make me nauseous and lightheaded. What is it with some people that they need to pour perfume or cologne on by the gallon?

But I don't complain to them. I just get away from them. This is one reason I often use steps instead of elevators - so I don't get trapped for a long ride with a walking bottle of Chanel No. 5.

Dave
While I agree with Dave, Colonge, doesn not carry a warning label on it..

Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Maybe it should! I am sure once the smoking thing gets under control, some bored fanatic that thinks they should have control over everything people do will start a campaign to limit the usage of cologne. I'm sure it will be banned from all enclosed spaces. If it affects peoples health, why not?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
In Norway we have had a complete smoking ban in all restaurants and public places for almost three years now, and I must say, even I enjoy a cigarette now and then, that it's a blessing. It's very nice to wake up after a night on the town without the smell of tobacco from your clothes. And the working environment for the bar/restaurant staff has improved a lot!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
10, balcony, cruise, cruises, fires, lower, neighbor, oceanias, prevent, regatta, river, sections, ship, ships, smoke, smoking, years