Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

I want to apologize to everyone that I may have offended with some of my posts. I won't mention smuggling on liquor, best place to stow away on a ship, always booking my own private excursions or anything else that isn't on topic.
I will stick to the topic at hand and only post if I have something constructive to add.

So please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Sodey
Old 06-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Tom,

You're welcome here as are your experiences, advice and opinions. There has been a history of some issues being problematic so anything that encourages violations of policies by the cruiselines gets dicey. It deteriorates quickly into how can I smuggle my stash and go on a week long drinking binge and annoy people on my next cruise, by some.

For liability reasons, safety and enjoyment of fellow passengers of their cruise, the cruiselines really are becoming more restrictive and checking more carefully these days. There is also the most common reason cited that everyone believes is the only one, that nasty word, profit. Enforcement with some lines has even become a hassle to just get your bags delivered to your cabin on time. At least one line was checking every single bag going on the ship for a while.

I didn't want to re-open a closed topic so sorry to management of the forum for that deviation.

I just wanted you to know it was not directed at you personally but rather at advice that can be a problem for someone at the pier if followed.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Administrator

After too many threads that veered off into hyperspace, and bore no resemblance to what the topic was all about, we started being more strict on thread drift. A little drift is fine and we all do it. Things that we, the management of this forum, have made a decision to do is support the official policies of the cruise lines. We did this after endless new threads would pop up about sneaking things aboard, tips to skip muster drills, etc. Our thinking is that we have standards to uphold on this forum and we don't want people saying "I saw a neat smuggling gimmick on cruise-chat". So - when someone posts a question about sneaking booze aboard we tell them the policy of that cruise line and then close the thread. If people want to talk about that nonsense there are other boards which condone it. We don't and we feel we are taking the higher road in doing so.

So - no hard feelings Sodey. You are welcome here. Jokes and off-topic stuff goes in the Lido Deck. But regardless, topics which suggest breaking the rules - even if meant to be funny - will be closed down.

I appreciate your promise to be good!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:36 AM

As someone who has tread less than lightly on the evil-posting side of the tracks, I understand where you are coming from. Cruise chat is like any othere lifestyle. You can choose to live it but sometimes it is hard to keep within the confines of rules. If I had a dollar for every time that I have apologized on this website, I could afford a suite on any ship out there. You are most welcome here, Tom. Happy sailing and happy posting!

Closed Thread

Tags
smuggle