Things to do in Miami:
- You could go to The Miami Seaquarium on Key Biscayne.
- You could go to Parrot Jungle on Watson Island (Miami Beach).
- (If you have allot of time) you could go to Metro Zoo.
- (ditto) you could go to Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Coral Gables.
- (ditto) you could go to the Fruit and Spice Park, Coral Castle or Monkey Jungle, all in Homestead.
You can see I am into gardening and am partial towards nice gardens. When I lived in Miami, my favorite place to go to was the Fruit and Spice Park.
As for hotels around the Miami International Airport, the best ones (in no particular order) I remember were:
- The Miami Airport Marriott
- The Hotel Sofitel
- The Miami Airport Hilton
- The Hotel MIA (inside the airport)
The first three all provided courtesy transportation to and from the airport.
If you want more affordable lodging, I was always partial to the Best Western, Days Inn, or Courtyard by Marriott around the airport (they should all have courtesy transportation as well). At the Information counter inside Miami International Airport they should have a listing of all the hotels arranged (approximately) by price. They also have fliers and other information on the popular tourist sights and things to do in Miami.
I hope this was some help to you. Have a good time in Miami and on your cruise