Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 06:03 AM

I was looking back on some of my older post and this one I do not even remembering posting regarding me taking vitamins because I am an early bird and may need some vitamins so I will have energy to stay up late, but the question is what time do you get up to see the sunrise and I know I will have to set a clock or have a wakeup call, so that I will wake up and not miss it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-18-2006, 06:03 AM

I was looking back on some of my older post and this one I do not even remembering posting regarding me taking vitamins because I am an early bird and may need some vitamins so I will have energy to stay up late, but the question is what time do you get up to see the sunrise and I know I will have to set a clock or have a wakeup call, so that I will wake up and not miss it.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:10 AM

When & where are you going, Nita? The TV in your cabin on a ship usually has a channel that scrolls information such as where your ship is, how fast you're going, sea conditions, and what time the next sunset and sunrise are. The times of sunrise & sunset will change, depending on where you are, and what time of year you are cruising.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:36 AM

Your daily activity bulletin put in your room at night also has the Sunrise and Sunset times listed for the next day.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Karen Knowlton:
When & where are you going, Nita? The TV in your cabin on a ship usually has a channel that scrolls information such as where your ship is, how fast you're going, sea conditions, and what time the next sunset and sunrise are. The times of sunrise & sunset will change, depending on where you are, and what time of year you are cruising.

We are doing the western carribean, Ocho Rio and the Grand Cayman, that is good information to know that I can find the sunset times on the TV. Thanks!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 02:10 PM

Nita,
I know that there are a lot of people who will "poo-poo" this BUT I'm going to mention it anyway. Regarding sunset - given the right conditions, and it happens in the blink of an eye - you will see a "green flash" just as the last sliver of sun drops below the horizon. This is no joke. I used to live in Honolulu and whenever possible we would drive to Sunset Beach, go to Jameson's and wait for sunset and the "green flash". When conditions were right the collective "OOOOHHH!" was proof enough even if you yourself didn't see it and were a confirmed non-believer. I have been fortunate to have experienced it on board ships in the Carib several times so it's not just a Hawaiian/Pacific phenomenon.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, review, sunrise