Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

Fascinating what is lost in the written word. There are no voice inflections, facial contortions, or winks to let the reader know the tenor of the comments. Words are easily "misconscrewed" (Norm Crosby, I believe). The written word can be a beautiful thing. My dad always impressed upon me the importance of being clear in my writing--he said "you are being very arrogant when asking someone to take time out their life to read what you have written; be sure it is eloquent and well stated, and be sure to proof read!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I believe those TSA friendly travel also go by the name of SENTRY. The SENTRY logo is that one consisting of the red squares and red rhombuses in a diamond formation.

I saw went to the link that Raoul posted. I never saw that "Safe Skies" logo before; consisting of the red "Lady Liberty" torch. That must be something new.

I have heard of more priceyer locks that have a red dot that will appear on the side of the lock, if a TSA screener unlocks it.

You can go ahead and lock those TSA friendly locks on your checked baggage. All of the TSA screeners in all airports in the US should have keys to those TSA friendly locks.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Someone said the colors need to change that way you will know if security has been in the luggage. I have that symbol but the colors don't change, is that still okay?
Only the higher priced TSA friendly locks have that feature of the red dot that will appear on the side of it if the TSA opened the lock. It is just an extra feature to let the owner know that the TSA was searching around inside that suitcase. Locks with that feature are not a requirement.

Also, if the TSA was looking around inside the particular piece of luggage, they will leave an official slip of paper inside of it, explaining that they did a search of the bag. One of my friends showed me that slip of paper inside of his bag after he returned from vacation. One side of the paper is printed in English, the other side is printed in Spanish.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Quote:
I believe those TSA friendly travel also go by the name of SENTRY. The SENTRY logo is that one consisting of the red squares and red rhombuses in a diamond formation.
CORRECTION:I believe those TSA friendly travelLOCKS also go by the name of SENTRY.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote:
I saw went to the link that Raoul posted.
SECOND CORRECTION:
I WENT to the link that Raoul posted

I should have definetly proof read my writing; like Goin' Cruisin' said.

By the way goin' cruisin'; I use the famous Apollo 8 moonrise photo as the avatar picture in my profile. Is the avatar picture you use a photo of you? Or is it a picture of Tito Puente (a famous Latin drummer)? Or is it a picture of Jerry Clower (a famous stand-up comic often associated with the Country music scene)?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
goin' cruisin',
your dad was a very wise man.
Mine said something along the lines of, "everything that comes out of your mouth needs to pass three gates of gold: is it true?
is it kind? is it necessary? He didn't say much.

Wisdom from a bygone era.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Quote:
By the way goin' cruisin'; I use the famous Apollo 8 moonrise photo as the avatar picture in my profile.
[b] THIRD (AND LAST) CORRECTION (Before I go crazy...oops, maybe too late!).:

By the way goin' cruisin'; I use the famous Apollo 8 EARTHRISE photo as the avatar picture in my profile.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
Thank you but the exclamation point behind "That's all there is to it!" seemed kinda rough I was just asking a question.
I don't use exclamation points to mean anger - I use them as Chef Ken says, as a wave of the hands and a "no problems, mate".
Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

Frase has provided a perfect example of how the written word can be deficient. In a recent post he asks about the avatar I have selected, wondering if it is a photo of me (nope), Tito Puente (don't know), or Jerry Clower (still don't know). One might take that as a sarcastic retort, perhaps in response to my prior post regarding proof reading. One might interpret that as injecting some humor into an otherwise humorless thread. One might also interpret the comments as genuine. At any rate, in response to your question, I chose that avatar from the menu provided by this site; the guy looks like he enjoys life, has a good sense of humor, and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Oops, I need to heed my dad's advice:
"...you are being very arrogant when asking someone to take time out their life to read what you have written; be sure it is eloquent and well stated, and be sure to proof read!"

That should read "..."you are being very arrogant when asking someone to take time out of their life to read what you have written; be sure it is eloquent and well stated, and be sure to proof read!"

My bad.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, forum, lock, locks, padlocks, ports, review, reviews, royal, suitcases, symbol, travel, tsa, walmart