Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 PM

Which cruise line do you like better and why Royal Carribean or Carnival?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:51 PM

My first cruise was with Carnival, second was with NCL, and the next 30 with Royal Caribbean. If I'm going to spend the money for a vacation I want the most for the money I spend. I feel I get more for my buck with Royal Caribbean. I have no reason to try any other cruise line. Of coarse, I do get more perks now that I'm a diamond plus member.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:58 AM

I have been on two Carnival cruises so far and have enjoyed them both. September 2007 will be my first cruise on Royal Caribbean (can't wait). I understand you get great perks. Carnival doesn't really give you anything.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:38 AM

We been on Carnival, Costa, HAL, NCL, Princess, and Royal, my favorite so far has been Princess. I definitely preferred Royal to Carnival, it seemed to be a bit more elegant. The two Royal ships we were on were beautiful. Princess has won me over because they were just a bit better, to me. There are quite a few that would disagree with me, but so far, they've done a better job. I've never been on a bad cruise, and all of the cruise lines we've been on I would not hesitate in the least to book again. Just my humble opinion. Best wishes!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator

For me it depends on the situation. I like Carnival, RCCL, and Princess. I've been on HAL and NCL and they are not my cup of tea. Celebrity used to rank highest with me, but they have slipped. Most of the time the other lines have a hard time beating the prices Carnival offers. RCCL is probably my favorite line, followed by Carnival. A lot of people bash Carnival but I've always been satisfied with their cruises. They are much different than they were 10 years ago. I still feel Carnival has the best alternate dining choices (buffets, pizza, deli, etc.) RCCL fell out of favor with me after a less-than-acceptable cruise on the Grandeur in 1997. I returned to RCCL in 2004 on the Mariner and loved it. Followed by our recent Freedom cruise - which is hands down the best cruise we have ever taken - I have moved RCCL to the top of the list.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:13 PM

I'm not a big fan of the larger ships. I was on a two day freebie on the Freedom - nice but way, way too many people, too far to go from one venue to the next and too long a wait for elevators, not to mention having difficulty finding a corner to have a quiet, relaxing drink.

I now prefer the smaller, more intimate ships that provide a totally decadent, pampered experience.

Yes, I would like some chilled vodka to go with that Sevruga caviar...

Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM

I have been on Princess and Carnival several times. My preference is with Princess with their service, anytime dining, and the overall feel. That's not to say Carnival is a bad choice, but to compare the two, definitely Princess.

Steve
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM

Hands down, I would definatley put Royal Caribbean as my favorite. You just can't beat the voyager class ships. The Navigator of the Seas was awesome. We're going on the Freedom of the Seas in Sept. 2007. I think Royal Caribbean offers their guests so many options whether it be dining, entertainment or relaxation. They have truly figured out how to do it right.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM

There are a lot of things to consider when you look at which ship is your favorite. I have been on both Carnival and RCCL. On Carnival, there were things that I preferred (food being one), but on RCCL, there were things that I preferred (adult-only pool area for one). Overall, I would rank RCCL a little higher than Carnival.

That being said, though, I have to admit that my next two cruises are on Carnival because the dates, itinerary and price meet the needs/wants for the next two cruises.

And, *that* being said, I'm looking at Princess, Celebrity and RCCL for a 2007 cruise for our anniversary. Again, what we decide to take will be the line that best meets our needs for the cruise.

Hope I made sense!!

Chris

PS. . .This is my 100th post on this board!! YAY!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 PM

I've sailed both, and have to say they run pretty close as a comparison. It's all a preference. I will say the decor on RCCL is more modern than CCL. Although the newer ships on CCL are making improvements. The Royal Promenade on the Voyager class ships is hard to beat. BUT, the itineraries and prices on CCL are hard to beat.

Billy

Closed Thread