Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM

My wife and I take about three cruises a year. We just got back from the Mediterranian on the Costa Fortuna, Visiting Italy, Greece and Croatia. This 7 day cruise was the worst cruise we have ever been on. We were with a group of 86 people and many could not eat the food. It was the worst food I have ever had on any cruise line. We couldn't wait to eat the food on the plane when returning home. When bad wine was served to many tables they would do nothing but say they will try to do better the next day and forced us all to pay anyway. We couldn't get water served after asking numerous times. The staff was rude and to top it all off when one of our party took the kitchen tour they were told that they have to take on more food because of the Americans. Hard to understand when many of our 86 people were waiting for the ports to get edable food. I just can't tell everyone enough how bad this line is. At all costs avoid Costa.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM

My wife and I take about three cruises a year. We just got back from the Mediterranian on the Costa Fortuna, Visiting Italy, Greece and Croatia. This 7 day cruise was the worst cruise we have ever been on. We were with a group of 86 people and many could not eat the food. It was the worst food I have ever had on any cruise line. We couldn't wait to eat the food on the plane when returning home. When bad wine was served to many tables they would do nothing but say they will try to do better the next day and forced us all to pay anyway. We couldn't get water served after asking numerous times. The staff was rude and to top it all off when one of our party took the kitchen tour they were told that they have to take on more food because of the Americans. Hard to understand when many of our 86 people were waiting for the ports to get edable food. I just can't tell everyone enough how bad this line is. At all costs avoid Costa.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:26 PM

danceglitz, I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Costa or your cruise. Since you're new to the site I'll welcome you but am curious how you can cruise the Med and see such wonderful ports and have nothing good to say about your cruise experience. Did everyone in your group feel the same way? If they ran out of food someone must have been eating onboard. I don't think I'd take too much offense about the American appetite comment, it may have been said in jest. We did, after all, pioneer "super sizing it" and you have to agree that we're not the fittest society on the planet in recent years. I have a pretty healthy apetite and usually eat my fair share on a ship.

Costa is a Europenan based cruise line based in Genoa and they will cater to their passenger base and their palate. If an Americanized taste in food and entertainment among other things is desirable, Costa may have been a poor choice. If everyone felt they were a poor choice they wouldn't have 5 new ships being released in the next three years and among the fastest growing lines in the industry along with MSC, another Genoa based European line that is currently ranked the fastest growing line of any in the entire industry. There is a market for different people with different tatses. Costa is a very good choice for many. It's the wrong choice for many as well.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your cruise. But to say "I just can't tell everyone enough how bad this line is. At all costs avoid Costa" may be accurate advice for those who want a North American cruise experience. Your cruise was of the Med, a little of the Med on the ship can't be all bad for everyone. I know many cruisers who love Costa and everything about it. I know some who feel exactly as you do. A good rule of thumb is to find out what those who hate a line hate about it and what those who love that line love about it. Then decide what things you feel are right for you and your needs. At that point an informed decision can be made with proper expectation.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, costa, cruise, cruises, food, reviews