Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2003, 10:43 AM

I'm planning a cruise with five other single women. We are in our late 20s/early 30s. The boats that fit our schedule are RCI Enchantment of the Seas, RCI Splendour of the Seas, and Carnival Imagination.

I have heard that we should avoid Carnival as it ends up being the party ship and while we are relatively young, we're not 21 anymore. Also from some reviews I have read, it sounds like there are a lot of children too. Is this accurate?

On the other hand, will we feel really young and out of place on a different cruise line? We are going on a 4-day cruise and I did read that the shorter cruises tend to have somewhat younger crowds.

Any advice is welcome!

-Rachel
Old 11-19-2003, 12:10 PM

Rachel, based on your ages you would not feel out of place on either cruise line, but of the 3 ships your mentioned - I would definitely select either the Splendour or the Enchantment over the Carnival Imagination. They are just a much better product for the money. As for children, both Carnival and Royal Caribbean have a large child population - depending on when you are planning to sail. If that is a concern - steer away from cruising during any school holidays (Christmas, spring break, summer vacation).
Nancy
Old 11-24-2003, 03:19 PM

I am 21 I just got back from carnival and I had a great time. I have heard that royal c is more of a relaxing trip. Carnival was not only relaxing but it was a party ship also. It was good because there are so many ways to party but ther are also relaxing things to do too. plus if your single and looking for men the carnival age group is 20's and 30's rc is a little older ithink. i think you would be happy with carnival.

Closed Thread

Tags
30s, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, early, good, group, ladies, party, review, ships, single, top, women