Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 07:30 PM

Oops. . . Billy asked: >>How's your Spanish?<<

Actually, I'm fluent. . .used to teach it. . .lived in Mexico for a summer. . . .

I will admit, though, that I have a bit of a hard time understanding the Cubanos because of their dialect and slang.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 05-31-2006, 08:37 PM

I hear ya slang. The cubanos are all about slang. LOL!!! I can't even keep up, and I've lived here my whole life. Go figure. Are the fares cheaper into Mia as opposed to FLL?? That would be a shocker. Have you tried www.site59.com?? They are a "last minute" travel site that might have some good fares. And of course, you have www.priceline.com. Just as a practice, I try to defer as many folks as I can from MIA. Trust me!!
Cheers,
Billy
Old 06-01-2006, 04:07 PM

Sorry. . .What I wrote was a bit confusing.

I am not totally against flying in to Miami International. However, I like Southwest Airlines, and they don't fly to Miami, but they do fly to Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm. In addition to having lower fares, Southwest has great service. The one downside is the cattle-call boarding, but, I'll take that any day over the way most of the other airlines tend to treat customers.

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 06-01-2006, 07:57 PM

I agree with you about the flying thing. Remember when flying was fun. We got dressed up and everything. Oh well.

To my earlier bulletin, West Palm is way too far for you. If you do fly into FLL, I found this website for you to check prices. Looks like $50 for up to 4 people. Just a thought.
Take care,

Billy
http://www.topshuttle.com/
Old 06-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mooneydiva:
And, Dave! Nashville is only about 22.5 hours (depending on who's driving) from Huntsville!! I have a lot of customers from Huntsville who stop by hen they drive up here for Southwest flights! Come one! We could meet you for a drink!
22.5 hours? Heck, I could walk to BNA quicker than that! For us, Nashville is about 90 minutes away - straight up I-65. 96 miles.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:45 PM

>>22.5 hours? Heck, I could walk to BNA quicker than that! For us, Nashville is about 90 minutes away - straight up I-65. 96 miles.<<

I tell you!! I was using my husband's laptop, and I didn't notice the typo. I meant, as I hope you know, 2.5 hours. I was going on what my customers tell me as to the distance. I have been to Huntsville only once, and that was 9 years ago before I opened the store, so I don't remember how far it was.
At any rate, drive up, and we'll have a drink!!

Red-faced over the typo,
Chris

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM

Update on our plans for the cruise from Miami. . . .Since our son just moved to Ft. Myers, we're thinking that we'll fly there the Thursday before the Sunday departure so we can visit with him a bit. On Saturday morning, we'll drive to Miami and catch up with our friends (2 other couples) also taking the cruise. Thank heaven for Dollar Rent-a-car for not charging extra to pick up at one location and drop off at another!!

We'll leave from Ft. Lauderdale once we return from the cruise. Thank heaven, also, for Southwest Airlines for not charging extra for one-way airfares!!

Ok. . . .HOW MANY DAYS LEFT NOW?

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Closed Thread