Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Yesterday Judy, my mom and myself met Chef Ken at the Mall of America. Carlg was going to try and make it but was out having fun with his kids. I dont know how many people out there are driving distance to Minneapolis/St. Paul but we are planning a coffee get-together at Chef Kens new coffee/sandwich cafe when he gets it opened. How many of you out there would be able to make it when we have it. It was so much fun meeting Ken and his wife and being able to talk with Carlg. I think a get-together would be great fun! Let me know and have a great everyone!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Banned

Lori,
Ken said he had a wonderful time at his lunch outing with you and a few others.
What a great opportunity it must have been to meet someone from C.C. and to put a face to the name.
If I only lived a little closer, I would have joined you all for a Bloody Mary or two!
I'll have to do some Mapquesting to see exactly how far I am from you, Carl and Ken. A get together sounds like fun.

A'ndrea
Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Banned

19 hours 11 minutes, and 1203 miles. Not that I checked or anything.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Banned

Carl, you're funny. Door to M.O.A.'s door, Mapquest indicates 1189.66 miles. What do you think? Is it doable?

A'ndrea
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Banned

Pretty close to what I came up with. I pegged it from NY, NY to MOA. Anything is doable.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Sounds close enough to me. I would love to come to NY sometime as well. Andrea, are you upstate or where? My goal is to visit Ground Zero sometime. Im involved in law enforcement as a volunteer and Mike used to be a firefighter so it would be great to visit there to honor the fallen heros! Carl, Mike and I will be coming to the cities hopefully on 7-7. Will let you know for sure as it depends on whether Mike can get the day off.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Banned

Just let me know when you are here. If it works out, that would be great.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Banned

Carl, It might be cheaper and, naturally, faster, if I hopped a plane. I would consider it, definitely.

Lori, I am 2.5 hours from the city. In my opinion, close enough to see a Broadway show, yet, far enough away for peace and tranquility not associated with city life. I can only take Manhattan in very small doses. In a few weeks, we will be going there for my daughter's h.s. graduation gift. We are spending 3 days there, doing activities that she wants to do.

Can you believe she chose 3 days in NYC over a cruise? We offered her a 5-day cruise out of Manhattan to New England. She thought it would be "boring" and said "no way". I was very disappointed. I've only been as far as Montreal. But, I would like to experience the beauty of New Brunswick and Halifax.

Ground Zero will take your breath away. It's still, somber and emotional. I lost a cousin there on 9/11 who was filling in as a temp. for the Aon Corp., for a 2 week period when he went back into Tower 1 to help others out. I have two other cousins, a brother and sister, who work for Morgan Stanley, who just happened to be on the West Coast together that week for company business. They would have normally been at their desks at that time.

I think everyone, if given the opportunity, should see the site once. It will bring you to tears.

On a happier note, I will see what wonders I can work with meeting up with you all. I would love it.

A'ndrea
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Wow, that would be great if you could fly in. The airport is right across the freeway from the Mall of America too.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

Lori,
You all work out the dates and I'll try my best. I must warn, however, I am getting my oldest off to college end of August. So, I wouldn't be available until probably September, at the earliest.

A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, names