Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 AM

hi there,
I've always been reluctant to take cruise because my husband and son get motion sickness. Would someone be able to tell me some options of the best areas for booking rooms? Where there would be the least amount of movement? Thanks a lot!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 AM

This is an area of interpretation. I have been all over the boat...and have felt motion sometimes and felt nothing othertimes. Overall, the middle of the boat is best. The higher you are you feel a bit more. But overall, you don't feel THAT much motion. It's much like a metronome...the lower and more to the middle you are the better you will be. But overall, it's not as bad as "dooms-dayers" like to say.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Hello Shawn L, welcome to Cruise-Chat! My wife is prone to motion sickness too. She wears the patch behind her ear and has never had a problem. The center of the ship is suppose to be the best location, but it really doesn't seem to matter much. You'll be all over the ship, the dining room is on one end, and the theater is on another. Most of my cruises have been smooth sailing and there isn't any motion. I would wear the patch if I was worried about motion sickness. You need a prescription to get them.

Hope this helps,

Sonny
Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 PM

My wife also gets seasick. We have been in the middle and aft. Sonny is right there is little if any difference IMHO. My wife prefers the aft section.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 PM

I'm with the others on this, unless you get extremely high seas (very rare) it's not going to make enough difference to worry about. Seems everyone who books a cruise now days asks for a mid-ship cabin (most don't know why they're asking for it, they just heard/read somewhere they should) and they go quickly. You'll need to book earlier than the masses if you want to choose one without paying a premium to find a category where they're still available.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Hi Shawn L.
I was pretty concerned about the motion thing on my first cruise too because I'm very prone to motion sickness - even on an airplane. But I've now had two cruises and only once I felt a little "iffy". I took a "gravol" and a nap and woke and felt fine. I'm looking forward to my third cruise in a couple of months and am not too worried about it anymore. I hope your husband and son will have the same good experience.
Judy

Closed Thread