Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM

I recently booked a cruise and due to a computer glitch on my end, I didn't purchase travel insurance when I thought I did. I got my travel documents today and I noticed no insurance. I was told I could purchase it through TravelGuard. Does anyone have any experience with this and would you recommend it?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM

I recently booked a cruise and due to a computer glitch on my end, I didn't purchase travel insurance when I thought I did. I got my travel documents today and I noticed no insurance. I was told I could purchase it through TravelGuard. Does anyone have any experience with this and would you recommend it?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 AM

I use TravelGuard. It's one of the top rated insurance companies. Make sure you are covered if any thing happens while on your cruise.

Sonny
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 AM

My husband and I purchased it and had no problems with it. Luckily, we didn't have to actually use it. Our TA recommended TravelGaurd over the Cruise Line Insurance. Hope this helps!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 PM

AIG/Travel Guard is an excellent company. They offer good coverage at competitive prices. Some of my clients have had to cancel their cruises and make a claim with Travel Guard, and it has always been a very easy process.

Sandy
Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 AM

Glad to hear this. I was considering them as well.

Dwayne
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 AM

I have used them too, twice. Not for cruises though, for 2 international trips to South America and North Africa. I especially like the repatriation, so if you croak half way across the world, your dead body can get back. Being a nurse, I think about that stuff. Our insurance was for 3 weeks each, to cover cost of airfare, and the trip itself. I thought the cost was well worth it, for the peace of mind. Luckily, we never had to use it. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 PM

I use Travel Guard all the time and think they are great. I had to cancel a January cruise due to a compression fracture of the vertebrae, and they paid within a week or two of receipt of the required medical documentation.

One thing, though, and I believe this is true of any insurance. You have to purchase within a small window of the cruise initial booking date(cannot remember if five days or two weeks, but something like that) to be covered for preexisting conditions. If you already received your documents, sounds like you are definitely out of that window.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 AM

I had to use Travel Guard in August. My husband and I were booked on a 10 day Baltic cruise including airfare, inter-connecting flights, prepaid rental car and some prepaid hotels. 8 days before we were to leave for our trip, I had to have emergency open heart surgery. Travel Guard paid for everything I requested on mu claim and they paid in 3 weeks! Just be sure to keep every receipt.

Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, cruise, cruises, forum, forums, forumtravel, guard, insurance, opnioni, review, reviews, travel, travelguard, travelguardit, usedtravel