Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 08:11 AM

what about this: the absolute best remedy for seasickness is to get into the water...obviously you can't do that on a cruise ship....but do you think it would work if you got into the pool? i would assume that for it to have any chance of working, you would have to avoid touching the bottom...maybe the pools on the ship arent deep enough for that....any thoughts on this theory?

on second thought, if it doesnt work, getting sick in the pool would be terrible, but hilarious for everyone watching from the deck

and, i said it once before and i'll say it again - the Mythbusters proved that ginger pills are the best remedy of the above choices...the Mythbusters are NEVER wrong haha
Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 AM
So let me see If I've got this:

your cure for motion sickness is to get into a pool of churning water. Let me tell you, my friend; if the sea is high enough to cause motion sickness, the pool is not where you want to be--you will be lucky if you don't get your head bashed into the side.

Check out the photo in the " show me your photo" thread in this forum, then tell me if you still think this is a good idea.

And what is hilarious about seeing anyone get sick--anyplace?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by B.L.:
Hello Friends!

We are cruising in a few days and it looks like there "might" be a tropical depression in the area. It is so hard to predict if a storm will be nearby I know... but I thought I might be prepared with some motion sickness rememdies just in case.

I have heard of Ginger, Dramamine, Bromine, Magnetic bracelets, Motion Eze.... Any opinions about these remedies or others you have tried???

Thank you in advance for your advice!!!

[link=http://www.cruisetickers.com/][image noborder]http://www.cruisetickers.com/ticker/9341543985/ticker.png[/image][/link][link=http://www.CruiseTickers.com]Free Cruise Tickers[/link]
Natural
1. look out of the window of the ship or if on deck, gaze toward the horizon in the direction of travel. This helps to stabalize the inner sense of balance.
2. Take a short nap

Chemical
1. Dramamine
2. Bonine
3. Ginger Root

Be careful of alcohol intake with #s 1 and 2.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
So let me see If I've got this:

your cure for motion sickness is to get into a pool of churning water. Let me tell you, my friend; if the sea is high enough to cause motion sickness, the pool is not where you want to be--you will be lucky if you don't get your head bashed into the side.

Check out the photo in the " show me your photo" thread in this forum, then tell me if you still think this is a good idea.

And what is hilarious about seeing anyone get sick--anyplace?
obviously if the pool is moving enough that you might get hurt, you dont want to be in it....but, if you are on a boat and feeling sick, you will feel better if you are in the water (assuming that the water is not so bad that there is head bashing)...we're not talking 10 foot seas here...so i was just wondering if anyone had a good reason as to why this would not also hold true for the pool...im not saying that it would work, or that ive even tried it

and people getting sick is funny on the same level as guys getting hit in the crotch....not actually funny, but people still might laugh at it, not to be taken seriously....sorta like my comment
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM

Would you mind posting a link? I coudln't find the picture, and I bet it is interesting.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:

Would you mind posting a link? I couldn't find the picture, and I bet it is interesting.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't know how to post a link, but it's in this forum (general cruise chat), about three threads down from this one, "Let's see your favorite photo"; it's one of the last postings.

And I didn't mean to be so hard on you Kid; it's just one of the more bizarre ideas I've heard lately--who knows--it might just work. By the way kid, does your mommy know you are posting on an internet chat site?

(not to be taken seriously)
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 AM

yeah, i realized it was bizare, but was wondering if it's one of those "so crazy it just might work" ideas...even if i did get sea sick, i wouldn't try it myself...we just get the same comments over and over around here, and this was something new...there is some logic behind it, so i thought it was interesting

and no, my mommy has no idea that i post here - my bed time is 7pm so she thinks i'm sleeping

does 24 still count as a kid?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Banned

To me it does!

A'ndrea
Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 AM

haha, yeah, i guess i do lower the average age of the board

Closed Thread

Tags
bromine, carnival, carry, cruise, crystallized, donts, dos, ginger, hokan, medication, motion, remedies, seasickness, sickness, stores