Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM

Aside from ports of call, what is the main difference from the Caribean Princess and the
Navigator/Mariner?? We hope to take our twins (12) in July and we are having a hard time? What ship would you pick and why??
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010
Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 PM

IMHO, I tend to justify my length of travel to the port of choice the deciding factor on length of cruise. If I'm spending more money to get to a port, I want to make the most of my cruise time (7-14 days) When I cruised out of Vancouver (I live 1 hr away), I only took a 4 day get-a-way cruise.
Crown Princess April/07 - Fun In The Sun in Eastern Caribbean
RCI Brilliance Of The Seas March/08 - Here We Go Again
RCI Vision Of The Seas Dec/08 - Joining Sis On Her Redneck Honeymoon in Mexico
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Nat,

There are many differences between the Caribbean Princess and the Navigator/Mariner. Primarily in the area of public rooms such as the ice rink, rock wall, immense inside "mall" on the RCCL ships. Princess doesn't have these. But Princess has fresh water pools while RCCL uses sea water (sanitized). Princess also has Personal Choice dining while RCCL still has assigned seatings for dinner.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:26 PM

We just got off the Carnival Liberty last week. It is a new ship and is very nice. The staterooms are of decent size and are comfortable. I thought that the food was good. I especially liked the fish and chips station in the buffet.

We did the six day Western Caribbean and there were many passengers in their twenties. This is a very nice ship and you will have a great cruise.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 PM

well thank you all for your opinions. Ironically my final choice didnt end up being any mentioned previously. My friend and I are going on an 11 night HAL cruise out of Norfolk, Va. Its only 2 hours away from where we live so we save money on flying. IM not worried about not liking the cruise and am rather thinking any cruise would be good. Anyways we are going to the southern caribbean in nov! cant wait....thanks all!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Cruising is a state of mind-All the ships are gorgeous and all have their peculiarities and faults-Relax and enjoy-there is no substitute for the tranquility of a cruise-and don't worry about age differences-I've met many seniors who dance circles around people 20% of their age!Cruise,cruisenow-don't worry -be happy!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Starr - I can't imagine that you and your friends will not have an absolutely grand time regardless of the cruise line you go with. I have only been twice (both on Carnival) but both times were the best vacations that I have ever had and my husband and I have had some pretty terrific ones.

My last trip was to the Western Carribbean in December, 2005 on a 5 day cruise. It included my 4 children, their spouses (ages 28 - 34) and 4 grandchildren (3 - 6 years). This was our Christmas gift to them. Each and every one enjoyed the trip SO MUCH that we already have a 7 day trip booked for Dec 06. All of the older "kids" are very active. My oldest son (34)gets bored easily and when a friend asked him what was there to do out at sea, he replied that if you get bored, it's your own fault. By the way, we are going to try out the Grand Princess this time because we like the ports it will visit. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-04-2006, 04:59 PM

We ended up booking the Navigator 7/06, mainly because we have not been to any of the ports that she goes too! We can't wait. We are also taking our twin sons (age 12)!! And your right, vacations are what you make of them no matter what your ship your on!!!
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010

Closed Thread