Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   free air fare? very cheap cruise rates? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/24622-free-air-fare-very-cheap-cruise-rates.html)

daddy002 11-18-2007 04:54 PM

I have seen several posts re the web site that offers free air fare and very cheap cruise rates. This site only has one option for payment being Western Union cash transfer. Oh Oh, alarm bells are ringing!! If this site is a genuine fraud scam then something should be done to wipe them off the net before too many innocent people lose some of their hard earned cash. Has anyone had good experience with this company? Has anyone had a real bad loss or experience with this company? If there are only bad experiences then the police or other authorities should be on their tail. I for one got really excited when I saw their rates but pulled the plug when I saw the Western Union option.

daddy002 11-18-2007 04:54 PM

I have seen several posts re the web site that offers free air fare and very cheap cruise rates. This site only has one option for payment being Western Union cash transfer. Oh Oh, alarm bells are ringing!! If this site is a genuine fraud scam then something should be done to wipe them off the net before too many innocent people lose some of their hard earned cash. Has anyone had good experience with this company? Has anyone had a real bad loss or experience with this company? If there are only bad experiences then the police or other authorities should be on their tail. I for one got really excited when I saw their rates but pulled the plug when I saw the Western Union option.

fourlakesheather 11-18-2007 08:14 PM

I posted on this very site a few days ago. It seems that all are skeptical, but nothing concrete about it being a scam.

daddy002 11-19-2007 07:13 AM

after posting my message on this board, I wrote to the Canadian government agency who investigates cases of fraud and asked them whether this company was being investigated or not. I told them that I thought they should be aware of the possiblity that others were being victims of fraud. If I get anything back, I'll bring this board up to date.

Dave 11-19-2007 07:31 AM

It is difficult to believe that anyone would trust something like this, or even give it the benefit of the doubt. As the saying goes...if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

LHP 11-19-2007 07:49 AM

Unfortunately you can't be to careful these days.

I have been reading posts of people still trying to get their money back from Windjammer cruises that "aren't going to be happening"!

Hank 11-19-2007 11:45 AM

After more than 40 years of extensive travel experience that site does not pass the "smell" test. In fact, if you understand how the cruise industry operates it makes no sense. Keep in mind that if you do a wire transfer you have no recourse which is the only reason why anyone would insist on such a payment method. The only appropriate way to pay for a cruise is with a major credit card and the charges should be processed by the cruise line (not the travel agency). Use of a major credit card gives you protection (at least it does in the USA) in case of fraud or even bankruptcy.

Hank