Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Where do most people go to find the best cruise deals? I am looking for a Mexican Riviera or Caribbean cruise in the March timeframe. Don't want to miss out on any super awesome deals.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 AM
Tommy,
I would say a good travel agent in your area. Most are the same price unless they have a block of cabins on a certain cruise, thats where it can get better for a deal. Most times a cruise that can't fill with in a few weeks of departure is a good deal if you are ready to go with a short notice.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 AM

I always sign up with possible cruiselines for their email deals,,,then also check the many online discount agencies...I dont use travel agents per se,,,none close and like to research on my own...have found online deals and called cruiseline to see if I could get same...most do...like the early booking discounts also....do a lot of your own research for best deals IMO....
Old 12-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Just be careful about buying into the "Last minute deals" or "Up to 75% off of the brochure price" advertisements. I have found them to be nothing but a scam.

Of course, it is hard to go wrong with a trustworthy travel agent, but I have also found that most deals are still not too far off of the quoted price on the major cruise line sites.

I'm sure one of the regulars will have some better info, but that is where I would start.

Brad

Old 12-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Well don't expect a near free cruise. But you can find some greatly discounted rates. The first thing is to not try to travel during the peak cruising dates (mainly any time when there is not school or holidays)
Rarely do the best deals sail when you can vacation. At least that is what I have found. BUT if you happen to be retired and thus able to travel at non peak times then there are good deals to be found. Check the cruise line websites for specials. They are always running specials, just don't get taken in by the "Biggest SALE EVER!" ads. They say that about every sale.

If you live near a cruise port (within a 2 hour drive) you can always watch for last minute cruise deals.. Carnival has their "Pack n go" rates and I am sure Royal Caribbean has something similar. Or call the cruise line and ask them to put you on a list of people to contact for last minute cruise specials.

A travel agent (one that specializes in cruising) can also help as they have inside leads on group space that may be discounted etc...

Lastly, take advantage of discounts offered by the cruise lines. Most offer deals to past customers, some offer military rates (Carnival's military rates are very good actually) some lines even offer teacher discounts, police/fire discounts etc... Never hurts to ask if they offer special rates if yo are a part of one of those groups.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Tags
12, cruise, cruisedeals, cruisedealscom, deals, find, forums, online, people, reviews, yahoo