Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2005, 09:52 AM

Hi all, this is myself and my partners first time on a cruise, need tips on do's and don'ts. We are going on a 3 week cruise, 17/09/05 Southampton - UK to New York, Boston, Portland, St John - Canada Halifax, Novia Scotia - Canada, Cruise St Lawrence River - Canada, Quebec - Canada, St John's, Newfoundland - Canada and back to Southampton - UK. Would be very grateful for lots of tips. i.e. tipping, dress code most do's and don'ts. Thanks
Old 07-29-2005, 01:10 PM

Whoa!!!!!!!! Here's a tip: bring your camera! That is going to be a gorgeous trip. The leaves change color a lot earlier up north and you should see absolutely beautiful colors. The Maritime Provinces will have no midges and the tourists will not be anywhere near as heavy as right now. The St. Lawrence will also be awesome. There are some "lakers" left (these are bulk carriers of grain, etc., that sit very low in the water and are very dangerous, so they are exciting to see- for me, anyway) that go up and down the St. Lawrence, and of course container ships and tugs and sailboats- just BEAUTIFUL that time of year.

Let everyone know what cruise line you are on and we will bombard you with tips. Also- how long you will be at each port of call.

That is an amazing itinerary at the best time of year.

Carla
Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 PM

Thank, can't wait now, looking forward to some beautiful sites, the cruise line which we are traveling with is P&O (Oriana). We spend approx 1 day at each port (not much time to take everthing in i know but it's a taster. Still i need of tips. cheers.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, guide, johns, lawrence, newfoundland, oriana, review, reviews, st, tips, ts