Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 AM

Does any crusie line allow you to travel with pets?

The reason I ask is because every year before I go on a cruise, I have to make tedious arrangements with pet sitters or Pet Hotels. It would be much better and fun if I could bring my doggie.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 09-20-2007, 07:26 AM

I have not heard of any, but if you discover one, I'd be interested because I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). My wife and I have discussed this but we keep running into the issue of where the doggies would be doing there business and then realize that there probably are customs issues with bringing animals in and out of the country. I think the issues involved in such a cruise prevent the cruise lines from offering one.

Luckily we have great friends who come and take care of our pets when we go out of town.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-20-2007, 09:22 AM

The only cruise line I know that has kennels (and only a few) is Cunard. The other cruise lines would allow a working dog only.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

On my recent Princess cruise in June, there was a lady with a dog in a baby stroller. Rumor has it that she was able to bring her dog because she was on oxygen and his purpose was, supposedly, for medical reasons.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 AM

Yes I have heard of that option being used for things like being excluded from a pet deposit in an apartment.

You simply get your doctor to right a letter stating that the dog is a medical necessity for your emotional well-being.

However, there is still the issue of where they do their business and I haven't seen grass growing on any ships I have sailed.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

That, and disposal of their business. I think that is definitely another item not to throw overboard. That does make me wonder how the lady on the Princess ship took care of those matters. Maybe it's worth a call to Princess to find out what their requirements are for allowing dogs on board and then see if other cruise lines have the same policy.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 AM

Diapers! Doggy doo-doo diapers. If astronauts can why not?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM

I guess I can see the problems that would arise from bringing dogs on board. Mainly, as everyone mentioned, where does the dog do his/her business? Cruise ships are building water park type structures on board. Ice skating is available on board. I'm sure there has to be a way to build a safe and hygenic component for dogs. Of course , one stipulation is that all dogs must be caught up on all of their shots and have no behavioral issues.

Thanks, Cruise Fanatic, I will check into Cunard.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Picture this example:
You are having fun!!
And then splat!!!
You just walk over doggie poo.
NICE!!!
I have two dogs I love them as my sons but I don't think the will have fun on ports
What are you going to do?
Leave them on your cabin?
What happen if they bite someone like the ones that work on your room service?
Or
What happen with the cabin next to you, your neighbors which ones had pay good money for their vacation too, if they start barking during the day or during night?
I will tell you my point of view:
You can have a lot of trouble just for getting the dog inside the ship, but you can have more trouble when you are at sea and people start complaining about your dog, sadly Dogs are nice but not everyone is a Dogs person so you know you will have troubles anyway.
IF I were you I will just leave them with someone that can take good care of them like I do during my cruises…
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Yes I have heard of that option being used for things like being excluded from a pet deposit in an apartment.

lol it's the pet deposit's all over the Ship that would worry me

Closed Thread

Tags
accept, bring, bringing, carnival, cruise, cruises, cruising, dog, dogs, lines, pets, princess, ships, them, types