Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 AM

Ok, here's the latest information. I checked to be certain. Obviously I would not prescribe any meds for a pregnant woman. I would have her check with her OB/GYN. But in general, Scopolamine patches are a class C pregnancy drug so that means NOT recommended. Bonine is class B so that is better as well as Dramamine. But of course both cause drowsiness. Again the best advice is talk with your GYN.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Here s my suggestion,,,rather than worry about a "what if" since not pregnant yet,,,book a river cruise,which is smooth and won t bother her IF she becomes pregnant....why chance it on ocean,,,stick with a river....would personally avoid MOST drugs when pregnant to be on safe side....good luck....
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 PM

My wife is an MD and a relatively new mother. Her advice is to err on the side of caution. It's best to deal with some discomfort rather than risk the slightest chance of a prenatal anomaly.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, century, cruise, cruising, feel, medications, nedications, pregnant, reviews, royal, sea, seasick, seasickness, sick, women