Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Sonny said:
Quote:
I'm always looking at my digital photos, which I have on a photo website.
Sonny:
Do you know of any websites where one can see photos taken by others and yourself on a cruise? That sounds like something I would be interested in. I already have been on two cruises, so far (one more scheduled for November). I have taken more than 300+ photos on each cruise (digital, of course). So, I have ample matierial to work with. Thank you for your previous replies and any future ones.

By the way, for a new digital camera for me, I am considering the Panasonic Lumix FX-01. It has a wide angle lens (28mm to 100mm equivalent). That should come in handy in getting all the details onboard a ship when you can not always back-up far enough.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:45 AM

You're welcome to visit my site.CLICK HERE
Old 08-14-2006, 09:04 PM

Hi Frase,
To each his own I always say. I am a hobbyist. I carry a 35mm film camera, a 5 meg digital, and a Camcorder. It does not take me any time to switch between any of them. This does not include my underwater stuff. Yes I look like a Japanese tourist but I enjoy my photos.

For most other people I would recommend a digital camera 5meg or greater. Most importantly get one that will allow you to take videos and still photos. This way you can take a quick video if you find something that you really think you have to have. Nikon makes several great ones. Yes, I agree with the first person who replied. Always carry protection. I have been around water for my whole life. Water can find many different ways to get into your camera so yes either take a underwater disposable everywhere you go that is near water or get an underwater housing and keep your camera in it. It is always an accident and most service contracts do not cover saltwater exposers My wife carries an underwater Minolta and it has leaked twice. An underwater housing is the best, plastic bags are OK but you have to make sure the top closes well without any sand or salt getting into the seal. Disposable underwater cameras are cheap, reliable, and take great pictures for most people. I have a lot of friends who spend a lot of money on underwater cameras but they don't know how to use them correctly so their photos look terrible. They would be better off buying the cheap disposables. Hope this helps.

P.S. If you know how to take a good photo you can use any brand of camera. It simply does not matter. If you don't know how to take a good photo then no camera is going to make you look like a pro.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, camcorder, camera, cameral, carnival, carry, cruise, cruises, crusie, florida, humidity, kind, ruin, ship, type