Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

Just kidding...

What are your favorite cruise lines?

Mine are

Princess
NCL
RCLL

Worst three?

I heard carnaval was garbage Whats the skinny?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 AM

Anyone I'm on, but Princess is so far my favorite. We're checking out Costa again in a few weeks (yipee), and we're booked on the Emerald for next year. Only been on NCL, RCL, Costa, HAL, Carnival and Princess to date, and Princess is by far the best to me. I'd say go 'Canes, but they've really been in the toilet this year, along with the Gators and the 'Noles. I mean, really, Wake Forest shutting you out, how can you call yourself a football team? Will my Niners come back, Shumacher retired (or was forced out), long shot would be the Dolphins? At least Hayden won the MotoGP championship.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I really don't know how Carnival got the bad rep. I've never been with them but I've talked with a lot of people who have, including my son and daughter-in-law, and never heard an unkind thing. I have a feeling the ones who are dissapointed are the ones who didn't do their homework. Or maybe a less than experienced travel agent put the wrong person on the wrong ship. I'm a long-time Princess fan; and next year Iim trying Holland America for the first time. But I will seriously consider Carnival when we take our grandsons on their first cruise.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:27 PM

Raffles,

I am surprised you didn't get pummeled with messages defending Carnival. For a while I thought this forum was an extension of Carnival Cruises marketing department. I know I am wrong though, it is an extension of NCL's marketing.

I'm kidding of course.

Ken
Old 11-18-2006, 09:48 PM

Actually the Dolphins look really good. The way the Vikings have been playing, I don't have my hopes up for tomorrow's game. It depends on what team personality shows up on the field tomorrow.

Penn State? They keep forgetting to put a logo on that shiny helmet.

Oh...favorites?
Celebrity "X"
RCL
NCL

Future favorites...
HAL?
and how you say.. Carnivour?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Chef Ken, I agree. I live in St. Charles, Minnesota and at this rate I may have to become a Packer fan. The Vikes have been very disappointing the last few years. Im kidding about becoming a Packer fan, Not on your life. Anyway, I have only cruised HAL and I really enjoyed the Oosterdam and the Ryndam.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I have been on two Carnival cruises so far. Last year on the Inspiration, this year (last week) on the Glory. Both cruises were really good in my opinion.

I have only been on one other cruiseline: Royal Caribbean. It was about the same in quality to Carnival. However, I did like the food better on Carnival.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:56 PM

Actually, I like tham all! If you don't have a good time on a cruise you have only yourself to blame.

Walter
Old 11-20-2006, 05:22 PM

Walter, You are correct. Its all about attitude in enjoying the cruise, well that and exceptional service. If I didn't get good service on a cruise, I would Still enjoy myself.

The differences we are talking about are differences in service and amenities from one cruise line to the other. Do you like your steak medium or rare? You could say, "I don't care, its good enough that its steak.

Not to say that one cruise line is worse than another but that there are those who work harder at helping you enjoy yourself and are worth ranking higher than others.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:45 PM

I agree with Ken and Walter. The thing is, each cruise line has its own unique qualities, so for some people Carnival is ideal, for others it's HAL, for others it's NCL. Generally speaking, for lots of activity, a generally younger clientele (more 20s through 40s, and kids), pick Carnival and RCCL. For those who detest regimentation and don't want to be told when to eat, etc., and don't like to dress up, choose NCL. For those who like the amenities but don't have to have nonstop activity, and like a little more sedate atmosphere, choose Princess or (better yet) HAL. And so on, and so on. If you're looking for the right cruise for you, consider working with a cruise-oriented travel agent; they should be aware of the differences between all the cruise lines (including some of the subtle ones) and can steer you to the cruise line that best suits your needs.

Closed Thread