Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 02:56 PM

From the reports today, looks like Barry turned out to be a blessing instead of a curse. Giving FL some much needed rainfall.

Let's hope this years storm season is as mild as the last. I'm in houston and the press here is already ramping up the scare tactics. "Special Report, Are we due?" and other hysteria. They scared folks a couple of years ago here so bad Rita fizzled and knocked of a few trees and fences and rained a little. No loss of life from the storm but we had 9 dead in their cars in Houston alone from the heat combined with lack of gas and other factors from the evacuation. That doesn't include the evacuees who got out and died elsewhere like the bus full of elderly in Dallas that burned to to death when the brakes overheated and ignited an oxygen bottle on the baggage compartment.

We're having more deaths from the media than from hurricanes. Personally, I've always considered the media more dangerous anyway.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 PM

Neil, I would have to agree with those thoughts sometimes. They over hype stuff for ratings it seems. But on the other hand, 2 days before Katrina made landfall I remember yelling and cussing at Mr. Mayor Nagin for saying would be a volountary evacuation. I saw the Sat. Images and the pressure, and thought this could be Hugo's twin. I could not believe my ears with him saying that. I had chat friends on yahoo who had relatives in Slidell, I got busy telling them to tell their relatives to leave now! Anyway Mr. Mayor is a sore subject for me.

Now, I got all sidetracked rambling. The reason I was posting is I was a bit concerned about Jim C. He is on RCL Mariner, and it is at sea heading back to PC. I sure hope he is not having too rough seas. He was on the eastern and should have been fine until today heading back to home port. Does anyone know if has been any RCL updates?

Best regards,
IslandCruz
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackvinyl:
thanks dave,

i guess specifically I was wondering if there is a good place to check for sea conditions prior to embarkation. From every Celebration cruise review lately the "rocking" of the ship has been somewhat severe. Just hoping to be prepared.
Here you go sailor: http://www.sailwx.info/
Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Ok, got the current info. The storm is way past PC now, and even heading up from my area soon. No CCL advisories or changes for any cruises as of 11:30PM EST.

Can't help but to think of a fellow board member.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Ken, thanks for posting that. Another tool for us to use. I didn't care for the tropical storm symbol it had over my state though..but is heading up. It does not rain forever then does it all in one day!

The wave height indicator on that sight was not as well done as the one I posted, but I like all the extra features. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Dwayne
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 AM

thanks guys, exactly what i was looking for.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually, since Barry was the 2nd tropical storm, the season started before the season.

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

We've been getting the remnants of Barry up here since yesterday. Rainy and cold.
A'ndrea
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill SC:
Actually, since Barry was the 2nd tropical storm, the season started before the season.
Jill, And I hope it ends early! I have been moving my vacation back every year. I am now cruising end of October! I use to go early September.

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, barry, carnival, cruise, gulf, june, storm, tropical