Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Official Cruise-Chat Member Cruise - August 21, 2008! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/25356-official-cruise-chat-member-cruise-august-21-2008-a.html)

Dave 04-13-2007 09:19 AM

Come along with us on the August 21, 2008 Cruise-Chat Member Cruise! Bring your friends and family too! This cruise is for everyone who wants to have fun in the sun and meet those you've chatted with on-line - but have never met in person. You don't have to be a cruise-chat member to come along!

The Cruise

The cruise is on Carnival's Inspiration, leaving from Tampa on a 4-day run to Cozumel and back. The itinerary is:

Day
1 Tampa, FL depart at 4:00pm
2 Fun Day At Sea
3 Cozumel 7:00am to 6:00pm
4 Fun Day At Sea
5 Tampa, FL arrive at 8:00am

This cruise is also about charity, and giving to a worthy cause. A portion of your cruise fare will go towards a yet-to-be selected charity. Carnival will contribute to the charity too!

So lets get going and start making the bookings! I've made mine! Contact our official agent for this member cruise, Cruise Fanatic (aka Jan) at sailawaytravel@yahoo.com and let's get the ball rolling!

penny3333 04-13-2007 09:50 AM

I just emailed Jan for a quote. It's a bad weekend since it's fall move-in for campus housing, but if the price is right, I'll be there.

Dave 04-13-2007 04:15 PM

More details!

These are based on double occupancy.

Inside cabin (Cat. 4A) $297.16 per person. $197.16 per person for 3rd and 4th persons.

Outside cabin (Cat. 6A) $347.16 per person. $227.16 per person for 3rd and 4th persons.

Balcony cabins $697.16 per person. $267.16 per person for 3rd and 4th persons. (Cat. 11) Balcony cabins on Fantasy class ships are at a premium because there are so few of them.

All prices include port and tax.

We will be adding $20 per person to each price for the fund raiser which will be matched by the cruise line. Please check with your tax preparer for requirements about claiming this on your taxes.

We will need a deposit of $150 per person.

Dave 04-13-2007 04:17 PM

Also - Jan will be away this weekend and not by the computer. Don't expect any responses to booking requests until Monday.

Dave 04-13-2007 06:54 PM

Everybody,

I have edited the prices in the previous post to show what it will cost for 3rd and 4th persons in the same cabin.

f-mattox 04-13-2007 08:11 PM

I just e-mailed Jan with my request. Let's get some more onboard.

penny3333, you have got to make it! How ironic you and I should finally meet on something other than a Princess ship!!
I've been checking out Inspiration on the Carnival website and it looks like lots of fun.

Come on, everybody!

LisaP 04-13-2007 09:27 PM

I'm getting ready to head out on another trip, and will email Jan when I return. There's still a slight chance that my husband's school calendar will not cooperate, but we'll worry about that if and when it happens -- and it would be only one day anyway.

baby doll 04-13-2007 11:36 PM

You lucky ducky's living so close to walk out your back door and jump on a ship. To far for us to come out, but maybe someday something will happen for us West Coasters. Ya all have fun now ya hear

rescue911chick 04-14-2007 01:21 AM

Will definitely try to get in on this one!! My only problem is we ask for time off in 3 month blocks so I won't know if the time is approved until about 2 months before the trip. THAT is mainly why I wait til last minute to book them. BUT since it's less than an hour drive to the port for me I will definitely try!!!

Dwayne 04-14-2007 02:46 AM

Dave and Jan!

THANKS for getting us a date!

Plenty of time now for all to plan http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...on_biggrin.gif