Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM

After reading some of the review of Pride of America,on which we will soon be sailing, all I can say for now, is "this should be interesting." The question we have is about taxi service especially in Maui, how far are the taxies from the dock and what is the general procedure for booking?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Hello snowbirds and welcome to cruise-chat;
I can't speak specifically about Maui but virtually every port I've been in had taxi cabs waiting at the end of the pier where the ship docked or the tenders landed. I believe most ships anchor off Lahaina and tender in.
You can pre-reserve a private car or van through the ship or simply negotiate with the driver.
We'd love to hear some details of your cruise: when, what ship, if you would care to share that with us.
Ooops! I just noticed you did say Pride of America. Yes, it should be interesting. I wouldn't be put off by the negative reviews--I think they are greatly exaggerated. There are more positive ones than negative and frankly, the positive ones are more credible.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 PM

Hello,

Consider renting a car on each of the islands. The islands of Hawaii have great roads and for much less than taxis you can see and do much more.

Hope that this helps.

Fred
Old 02-07-2007, 08:12 AM

We appreciate your replies, will book a rental car before we leave home, not sure how far it is to pick it up at the airport but it sounds like the rentals are not near the port. We have sailed twice on Celebrity and are not intending on comparing, for this cruise we are looking forward to the islands, the weather and having fun. Will let you know how it goes with NCL America, we probably won't starve either, although we are a bit confused about the dining room reservations....will soon find out and let you know...it is VERY cold here in Saskatchewan!! snowbirds
Old 02-07-2007, 08:42 AM

Hey Snowbirds, its really cold here in Minnesota too so a trip to Hawaii sounds heavenly right about now. We have had -15 with windchills of -40, extremely cold for southeast Minnesota. Im ready for a beach somewhere in the Caribbean. Have fun on your trip. One thing I have learned, I dont pay attention to the neg posts because usually I have a great time with no complaints.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, des, hawaian