Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM

I am about to book our first cruise, but am a bit worried that there will be no other people on the cruise our age. I am 29 and my husband is 31. We are tossing up between the QM2, celebrity Constellation or the princess cruises, all going to the Caribbean. Does anyone have any advise who have ben on cruises before. would really appreciet it.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Is age your only criterion? Remember that people within the same age group can have vastly different interests.

In any case, cruise ships are so large that there will certainly be others in your age group onboard. But some lines attract a younger demographic than others, and the time of year and length of cruise can also make a difference.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned

Dear Bec,

What is your criteria for your cruise? Would it be the destination, facilities on board, time of year...etc. I've been sailing for 20 years and I'm in my mid 40's. The best cruise I've had out of 43 cruises was on the Independance which was an old classic ship that sailed the Hawaiian Islands...I was told that it was full of old people but I went anyway. Yes there were lots of old people...but I met people my own age and we had a blast. Even though the ship died around 10pm....the crew came out to play after that. It was the best cruise ever. So what I"m saying is...don't worry about whether there will be people your age...there will be. And the ship will have a good mix. Have fun!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 AM

Bec, based on the short list of cruise ships you gave, age group, and the Caribbean as your destination, it appears to me your best bet would be the Caribbean Princess from Ft Lauderdale to St Thomas, St Maarten, and Princess Cays.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 AM

This is just my opinion...but I've found that the higher the price...the older the crown. For a younger crowd, choose a SLIGHTLY more reasonably priced cruise. To be honest, one of the newer Carnival Boats would probably be a younger crowd...you know, fun ships and all!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
The flip side to the "fun ships" - Carnival &/or RCCL - is the number of children on board. This can be as much of a decision maker/breaker as too many "older" citizens (me included).... Personal preference - I avoid the mega-ships with 1000's of passengers, half of which are children. (please - nothing personal to those of you who enjoy mega-ships and travel with your children - just a personal preference)
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Usually (but not always) the cruiseline that tends to have the oldest passengers is H.A.L. (Holland-America).

Usually (but not always) the cruislines that tend to have the youngest passengers are Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

Cruising with old folks isn't so bad. At least it is quiet and peacefull. Unlike a bunch of children screeching, chasing each other, and running around the ship.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Thanks you so much, to everyone who took the time to reply to me. I never even considered younger children and there for have probably decided on the Celebrity cruise. While i have everyones attention, which is a, prettier and a nicer option the Mexican Riviera or the Caribbean?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Hi Bec. Welcome. I've been to the caribbean several times. In February, we cruised out of Long Beach, California, down the Baja Coast to the Mexican Riviera. It was breathtaking.

I'm partial to the caribbean for it's crystal clear blue waters. You can't compare the snorkeling/diving. It's much better in the caribbean.

On the flip side, seeing whales breaching, sea lions basking on rocks and dolphins/mantarays following the ship are indescribable, to say the least. The rock formations that jet out into the sea are glorious. The coastline is beautiful. Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan were both great ports with friendly, helpful locals.

We spent 4 days in L.A. sightseeing and that alone was fantastic. We did Disneyland, Malibu, Santa Monica Pier, Hollyweird, LaBrea Tar Pits, plus much more. It was my first time on the West Coast and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It all comes down to what YOUR interests are and what you hope to get out of your cruise.

A'ndrea
Old 06-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Royal Caribbean had a wonderful cruise to West. Car. that we had a blast. Parents- balcony room a must...3 teenagers- interior room across the hall. The ship was full of people in their 28-40. Few teens, mostly ones that just graduated h.s. or college and were celebrating with family. Only a handful of children on the whole ship that I saw. Although the Voyager of the Seas holds tons of people...you never see them all...except maybe the first day at the pool or the last day playing BINGO! Ask a lot of questions before putting a deposit down. This chat line has wonderful, knowledgeable, and experienced cruisers!

Closed Thread

Tags
age, book, celebrity, cruise, decide, review