Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Well I understand that there are some topless, and a few nude beaches. So whale watching is out, but foxes maybe.

Unless my wife catches me...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Okay, I'm going back to my original statement, bring the binoculars, you never know what you might see! Honestly, I now bring binoculars on all of my vacations. Since I seem to only take coastal vacations, there is always something interesting to see, usually of the Mother Nature variety. I'm not a people-watcher, but I certainly love looking at all the beauty nature has to offer.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Not to be a party-pooper, but back to the question.... eye glass repair kit (if you don't have glasses or sunglasses, someone will and will thank you profusely when you offer it); camera batteries if you are using an older camera; a 16oz (or larger) plastic glass/cup for water and/or ice tea (the glasses from the buffet are 6 oz and from the bars 8 oz.); waterproof wallet; two swim suits if you plan on being in the water everyday.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Susan,

VERY good info. I see waterproof stuff all over google. Anybody have any that they recommend?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Mikedx, if there is a dive shop in your area, they have all kinds of water proof stuff. We have some water proof pouches that go around our necks. They're large enough to hold the cruise card, some cash, and a credit card. We got them from Amex, but I've seen them in our dive shop here. But relax, if you forget something, you can find it on board or in one of your ports. Just make sure you have your meds, or anything that is for you only, glasses, contacts, etc. Have a wonderful time!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Mikedx..Don't forget Pepto -Bismol because you never know......

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 08-02-2007, 07:54 PM

I take copies of my prescriptions and a few days of extra meds in case I'm delayed in getting home. Also don't forget battery chargers (for video camera, rechargable batteries, and/or cell phone to have it ready to use when you get home and need to make a call.)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Mikedx:

I have told this suggestion a few times, in case you and others missed it, it bares repeating:

Quote:
One of the packing tips I got when I first started visiting this place, which I discovered really works, is using big zip-lock bags. I first read about it somewhere here. Maybe it was that article written by Tom and Mary?

Anyway, especially for your carry-on bag, you would get the things you will take with you, divided them up by catagory:
- important documentation
- medicines
- reading matierials
- sunscreens,lotions,toiletries,etc.
- small food and snack items
- writing matierials (paper,pens,envelopes,etc).
and place them in separate zip-lock bags. It made things allot easier and quicker to get to things you need. And in case you have liquid items and there is a spill; it will be contained; making clean-up much easier. Sometimes you will need a large zip-lock bag. I have seen 2 gallon ones at the store; and more recently 4 gallon ones (if you need something that huge).

Just remember, if you are traveling by air, to separate the bag that contains containers of liquids over 3.4oz (100ml) and place them in your checked baggage before checking-in at the airport. The same especially goes for after the cruise when you are returning with your bottles of liquour. Just make sure you have enough padding around the bottles so they don't break inside your checked-bag.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Quote:
And I have to sleep with a fan. Do I need to bring an extention cord, or is there an outlet near the bed?
I would say yes. On my last two cruises (both on Carnival), I discovered there was one, and I mean "ONE" 115volt AC electrical outlet in my cabin. Not the standard two (one directly on top of the other within the same faceplate), but one 3-pronged 115 Volt AC American outlet and one 220 volt 3-pronged AC European outlet; side-by-side within the same faceplate. Capeesh ? This ONE outlet was located on the main table about 4 feet from the bed.

So, it would also be a good idea to bring a multistrip outlet. In my case I brought one of the extra multistrip outlets I use in the back of my computers to hook everything up. It had a 8' long chord, so it served as an extension chord as well. It worked-out really well.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the info guys!

penny,

We don't have a dive shop around. But there are several places on the internet. I think I just need one for credit card & cash that I can wear around my neck.

Gen,
Won't forget motion sickness or pepto. I'm going to need several travel size bottles for all this stuff

Agu,
Definitely will take battery recharger for the camera.

Frase,
Very good idea about separating and sealing different stuff as will be needed. That way I don't have to dig through the suitcase when it's time to go off ship.

Only one outlet??? Yikes! Well since I'll need a cord for the fan, might as well just get a power cord stip like you recommended.

Thanks guys!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bring, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, ebay, forget, item, items, list, mikedx, ot, royal, things