Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Mikedx, you're very welcome. Don't worry if you can't find one, they have them on board as well.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
it would also be a good idea to bring a multistrip outlet.
I found a great product called the PowerSquid, WalMart has them and they can found on ebay.

Each outlet extends from the base on it's own cord, so you REALLY have 5 outlets that are useable. So many power adapters cover more than one outlet on a power strip. I got a couple of these and then can use them for electronics here at home after the cruise.

They are reasonable and very heavy duty.

PowerSquid

Also, have heard no one mention small bottle of eyedrops ( to get the red out). No formal night pics will look good if eyes are all red from the sun and breeze and water. Especially if someone has been in the salt water of the pool.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-03-2007, 10:16 PM

I think the binoculars are a good idea. Of course I am a ship nut, and like to sit on lido and see what ships are out there. This might not be the most pleasant of things to bring, but some immodium would make the list.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Mikedx:

Since this is your first cruise, I think you should read the post I created last year titled, "Cruise Do's and Don'ts: Tell Us and Everyone". It got allot of very good replies from allot of members here. The replies were 6 pages long. It is loaded with plenty of great advice from everyone. Especially for a first time cruiser like you. So click on this link to go to that post:Cruising Do's and Don'ts; Tell Us and Everyone
Old 08-04-2007, 07:04 AM

Hello. I always bring space bags. I get the kind you roll up, and squeeze the air out of, not the vacuum kind. I always need them for the trip home. As I buy my souvenirs/clothes, my bag gets more filled up. Space bag always, help for the trip home especially. Of course, you can use them for getting there too. I get them at Kmart/Walmart, and don't forget to be mindful of your luggage weight when you use them. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-04-2007, 10:15 AM

I always bring a night light, because even in an ocean view or balcony room, it's dark at night. In an unfamiliar room, it's helpful to be able to see one's way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. We usually either plug it into the outlet on the desk/vanity table, or in the bathroom itself if there is an outlet in there, and leave the bathroom door open a bit.

Sandy
Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Administrator

GMTA, Sandy. We also bring a night light.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM

I always throw in several different sizes of Zip-Loc bags, like quart and gallon sizes. I am amazed at how often they have come in handy. If you buy a snack, it will keep it fresh. If it's raining, put your camera in a bag before placing it in your backpack. The camera will stay dry even if the backpack gets damp.

We always bring rain ponchos (cheap things we buy at Dollar General!). If we get caught in the rain, we can put the wet ponchos in a ziploc before boarding an excursion bus or whatever.

We always bring a fan, for the noise. I pack a cheapie because a couple times we had to leave it on the ship because we bought too many souvenirs! For our next cruise, I bought a very thin, yet powerful fan at WalMart. It is only a couple inches thick and will be easy to pack. ( I checked it out and it is noisy! I have been known to return quiet fans!!)

Have a wonderful cruise and welcome to Cruise Chat--a fun place to hang out!

Nadine
Old 08-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Masking tape comes in useful if the seas are very rough, to keep drawers which may be banging open, tightly closed.
Ellie
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 PM

UMBRELLA travel size of course or rain poncho. It has rained on us more time than I care to count. It's only for a minute, but that minute could have you walking around like a drowned rat. You'll be glad you had it if you need it.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bring, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, ebay, forget, item, items, list, mikedx, ot, royal, things