Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM

My wife and I are about to head off to our first cruise, a seven day on Carnival Glory (Eastern Carribean) plus excursions. I've been searching the forum for a list of things to not forget, but all I found was a dead link. If this has been answered before, could you please send me the link?

Anyway, aside from clothes and extra money, I've read the following suggestions:

motion sickness medicine
sunglasses
suntan lotion
bungee cord for the balcony door
$1 bills for tips
camera & underwater camera
alarm clock
laundry detergent & quarters for on board washers & dryers

Anything else not having to do with clothes?

And I have to sleep with a fan. Do I need to bring an extention cord, or is there an outlet near the bed?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome to cruise chat mikedx I am sure you will find all you need here. You know the cabins have airconditoning in them or is the fan for noise I have friends that need a fan for noise to sleep. Don't forget your passport if you have one.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-02-2007, 07:56 AM

We are going on our first cruise also in Sept. One thing i'm bringing that many have suggested is the shoe bag that hangs in a closet with pockets. Several have suggested hanging this over the bathroom door to store items for easy reach like make up, hair dryer, curling iron, shaving accessories, etc.
Also air freshener for the very small bathroom.
Some have suggested an extension cord since there is only 1 electrical plug.

Enjoy your cruise...I'm sure your as excited as I am!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Hey, Mikedx!! Welcome to cruise chat! Go to the top of the thread and click on the blue highlighted tab that reads "Find". That will pull up a box. Where it says "Keyword Search" enter in something relevant to your topic such as: supply list; what to bring; items to bring; etc.etc. Then simply click on "Go". This question has been brought up several times in the past and there is plenty of information for you to read through in the archives. Good luck and I hope that you have a great cruise!! The Glory is a great ship for a first cruise and we look forward to a full review of your experience upon your return.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

Hi Mikedx,

I bring an extension cord everywhere I go, it doesn't take up any room and always comes in handy. Also, if you have a outside room, especially with a balcony, don't forget binoculars!

Have a great time and don't forget to come back here and let us know how your cruise was.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Well you guys are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met on a forum. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sprit, I need the fan for tinnitus (ringing in the ears), probably also the reason your friends need them.

I have a passport, wifey has birth certificate. I think it would be cool to get the passport stamped just for a kind of souvenier.

Mary Ann, we do travel with a bag like that where we keep all our bathroom stuff in. It makes it so handy for me when I'm at a hotel and put it over the shower rod so I don't have to get in and out.

Dr. L, I did do a search on the forum, where I found the other stuff that I listed above. Some of the older ones linked websites that aren't active, so I was just seeing if there was anything else I missed.

Binoculars? We do have an outside room with balcony, have to keep that in mind.

Toughest part is deciding on the excursions in Nassau/St. Thomas/St. Martin. Right now leaning toward Blackbeard's beach, yacht racing, & shopping. But that's for another thread.

I guess I should also add that I get extremely anxious when I'm surrounded by strangers. But my wife said we could always go back to the room and sit on the balcony whenever I needed a break. She's such a good wife!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

Mikedx,

You're going to love that balcony! And, you make fast friends on a cruise. You will come back addicted. I'm not sure about the Caribbean venue, but for our recent Alaska cruise we used our binoculars every day to spot whales, etc. You may not need them for the Caribbean.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikedx:
Well you guys are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met on a forum. Thanks for the warm welcome!
It is nice of you to say that! Welcome to cruise chat. You will find friendly but you will also find funny too. Funny is not appreciated by all but I hope they come around.

Some of us like to make jokes and others of us like to kill the joking but in general it is a nice bunch of people and if you like to have fun while talking about cruising you will probably get a lot out of the site!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by digdmr:
Mikedx,
we used our binoculars every day to spot whales, etc. You may not need them for the Caribbean.
Mike, the only whales that you are going to spot in the caribbean will be laying in straining deck chairs beside the pool. I believe the scientific classification is Obesitous Cellulitous. I do NOT suggest binoculars for this species. <<>>
Old 08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

dr, you're right, very scary. Mike, LEAVE THE BINOCULARS AT HOME!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bring, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, ebay, forget, item, items, list, mikedx, ot, royal, things