Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Well folks, were off to the Galapagos Islands. We fly early tomorrow into Ecuador. Our tour group starts saturday. This is my husbands 40th year b-day dream trip. Like a good cruiser, we are flying in the day before. We are on a 78 foot "yacht". It sleeps 24 people, total for the passengers and crew. We cruise the islands for 7 nights. We then fly to Peru, for a 3 night hike on the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. We are actually doing 2 separate tours with them. Anyways, we are going with "Gap Adventures", they are based out of Canada. They were recommended in National Geographic Traveler Magazine, as a "cheaper" way to see the islands. I guess, compared to the more expensive Celebrity and other ships. The flight from Ecuador to the islands is included, and all meals, snorkeling, and excursions are included, (except the $100 per person nat. park fee). If anyone has any questions about the islands, let me know. Will do my best to answer them. So, I have one question!! Do you call a 78 foot yacht a ship or a boat?? I guess to be proper, I could just call it a yacht, but that sounds to stuffy. Bye, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Well folks, were off to the Galapagos Islands. We fly early tomorrow into Ecuador. Our tour group starts saturday. This is my husbands 40th year b-day dream trip. Like a good cruiser, we are flying in the day before. We are on a 78 foot "yacht". It sleeps 24 people, total for the passengers and crew. We cruise the islands for 7 nights. We then fly to Peru, for a 3 night hike on the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. We are actually doing 2 separate tours with them. Anyways, we are going with "Gap Adventures", they are based out of Canada. They were recommended in National Geographic Traveler Magazine, as a "cheaper" way to see the islands. I guess, compared to the more expensive Celebrity and other ships. The flight from Ecuador to the islands is included, and all meals, snorkeling, and excursions are included, (except the $100 per person nat. park fee). If anyone has any questions about the islands, let me know. Will do my best to answer them. So, I have one question!! Do you call a 78 foot yacht a ship or a boat?? I guess to be proper, I could just call it a yacht, but that sounds to stuffy. Bye, Lil' Lori

Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 AM

Have a wonderful and safe trip. Please let us know how it went when you return. Bon Voyage!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 AM

quote:
Do you call a 78 foot yacht a ship or a boat??

I was once told that if "it" will fit on a "ship" then you call it a "boat"! Have a great time.

You're a nurse so I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know but - there is some medication that one needs to take prior to doing Machu Picchu. Something to do with the altitude and the level of oxygen in your bloodstream. This SITE talks about the symptoms and prevention. I bring this up because people have been known to die!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 PM

Hi Penny and ChucksOK! Thanks for the altitude tips. The medicine is diamox. We are as prepared as we can be. Time will tell. Thanks for the concern. We leave in the am. Bye Lil' Lori

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, cruise, cruises, galapagos, galapogos, geographic, island, islands, la, national, pinta, review, reviews, tour, tours