Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2003, 11:39 AM

What did you forget to pack that you wish you had brought?
Is there anything you packed that you found incredibly useful ?
Thanks...Toni ( Tom's wife)
Old 04-05-2003, 11:39 AM

What did you forget to pack that you wish you had brought?
Is there anything you packed that you found incredibly useful ?
Thanks...Toni ( Tom's wife)
Old 04-05-2003, 12:27 PM

The only thing i should have done differently, was pack LESS!! I packed about 7 outfits that i didn't even wear. A few bathing suits, dinner attire {formal, etc}, a sweatshirt or 2 and a good book! i honestly wore my bathing suit more than any other clothing item i packed. we did pack the "just in case" stuff such as imodium AD, pepto bismol, tylenol too.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:37 PM

Just remember tooth paste. We took a cruise to Caribbean last year, and I thought my husband packed it, and he thought I did (he always does usually). Toothpaste is very expensive on the ship, and you might not get the type you're used to. Also, if necessary, pack sanitary items. They can be bought on the ships, but if you're in port, the shops will not be open, and you could be out of luck for awhile. Have fun, and I agree with the last post, we all tend to overpack.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:16 PM

On our last cruise, we forgot to pack something for sunburn (Solarcaine), and some Visine. For some reason on this trip, my eyes were bloodshot from the flight, so we had to buy some at the hotel variety store. Never did find any Solarcaine, but someone loaned me their Noxzema. I always bring some extra items "just in case", such as Immodium, Tums, etc.

As for overpacking, I didn't do too badly this time -- getting better. Packed 1 pr. of shoes, 1 pr. of jeans, 2 prs. casual pants & 2 dinner outfits too many.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:41 PM

I also take a small battery-powered alarm clock (a windup will work too) for those mornings you want to make sure to be up early - when you have an early shore excursion, or the last morning of the cruise. A small flat plug-in nightlight can be handy too, especially if you have an inside cabin.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:15 PM

i would also recommend packing dramamine, or bonine for motion sickness. I was very glad that i packed it, thinking we would not even be using it. However, no matter how many reviews that you read saying that on a bigger ship you won't feel the movement, i found them to be wrong in my case. sunscreen, aloe gel for those sunburns are a must as well., the sun is much more intense when you are floating in a large body of water! Also, if you plan on doing any snorkeling, or scuba diving at any of your ports, buy an underwater camera and bring it along, otherwise you may be paying double the price once you get to your destination. Somewhere on this website i came across a packing list....or maybe it was on the Carnival website., but there is one out there if you have the time to search. Have a great cruise!!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:33 AM

don't forget insect repellant! We live in an area where insects and mosquitos are not a problem, so the tendency would be to forget this. HOWEVER, if you do on an excusion that has heavy vegetation and humidity, you will need it! Also one very important item - laxative! I have found that it is easy to get off-schedule - especially when taking a long flight and changing time zones. Both of these things don't take much space, and - when you need them, you really need them!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:16 AM

A few weeks back I posted an excellent packing list at www.CruiseReviews.com. Scroll down the "Recent Updates" until you see the "Master Packing List" and click on the link.

It is the most comprehensive I have seen. Enjoy!

Tom
Old 04-12-2003, 02:45 PM

I like to bring extention cord & power surge adapter /plug thing a ma jig like what you plug computer into ( extra plug outlets)
so you have place for extra plug ins ( camera battery pack, blow dryer, electric shaver etc) usually ships have only one or two plugs hidden behind some furniture very low on the floor & this always comes in handy..

a small flashlite if going to places where there are ruins ..

Closed Thread

Tags
list, master, packing