Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2003, 12:43 PM

I'm cruising aboard Carnival in November. My very first cruise was on Royal Caribbean, and I didn't have to pay for non-alcoholic beverages - all you can eat and drink for free. However, according to the cruise chats that I've read, you have to pay for ALL beverages aboard Carnival (?) What other "significant" differences are there between the two cruise lines?
Old 08-14-2003, 12:43 PM

I'm cruising aboard Carnival in November. My very first cruise was on Royal Caribbean, and I didn't have to pay for non-alcoholic beverages - all you can eat and drink for free. However, according to the cruise chats that I've read, you have to pay for ALL beverages aboard Carnival (?) What other "significant" differences are there between the two cruise lines?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-14-2003, 02:14 PM

Noell, all the major cruise lines have been charging extra for soft drinks for quite some time now (at least 5 years, that I am aware of), Royal Caribbean included. I'm afraid that's a common symptom of most businesses these days - want service? Gotta pay for it! Of course water, coffee and tea are always free, and juices will be at meals - in between meals too on some cruise lines. Carnival does have juice dispensers in the buffet area that are available all hours, for no extra charge, which not all cruise lines have, so that's actually an extra benefit for you.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:48 AM

I have sailed RCCL and CCL many times and never had to pay for tea, coffee, milk or juices. There is an extra charge for bottled water though. But on both cruises, had to pay for soft drinks. Karen is right, that is the norm on all the majors. The only lines that are truly "all-inclusive" are the 6-star ultra luxury lines (Crystal and Silverseas).
You can purchase a soft drink card for around $30 (I think) that will get you unlimited fountain soft drinks for a 7-day cruise on both RCCL and CCL.
Hope this helps to answer your question.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:50 AM

On all cruiselines I have been on there has been free coffee, hot and iced tea, lemonade and sometimes fruit juice and hot chocolate.

On our first cruise 5 years ago-we could get cola free at the lido deck buffet but if we got this in a lounge we paid for it. That was the only cruise though that I saw colas at no charge.

I usually just drink plenty of tea, fruit juice and lemoade and occasionialy order a cola if I am somewhere like the paino bar. I try not to drink a lot of colas anyway as they are so bad for us so it is no hardship for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcoholic, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, customer, drinks, free, included, juices, pay, reviews, royal, v, vs