Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 11:12 PM

I am going on a honeymoon in August 2008. Looking for the best place to cruise for the month of August. Want to go to the Caribbean but have a fiancee who is nervous about the hurricane season. Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:51 AM

My personal opinion, Alaska is a great place to visit in August.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greyson:
My personal opinion, Alaska is a great place to visit in August.
Sounds cold compared to the Caribbean, but I've heard Alaska should be great!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 AM

The Caribbean rocks! You needn't worry about a hurricane, if one happens, they'll change the itinerary or reroute the ship. You'll be perfectly safe. Best wishes and snorkeling is much better in the Caribbean than in Alaska!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
What about Mexico or Hawaii?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 PM

Oh but the scenery is much better in Alaska, unless you like looking at women in bikini bathing suits (which nowadays isn't much). Alaska truly is warm in the summer. If it is in the 70s, its hot, believe it or not. The first time we were in Juneau, it was 72 and everyone had their doors open because it was so warm and a lot of people up there do not have air conditioners. The carribean would be too hot for me in August. I don't like heat and humidity. Its just my personal preference to go to Alaska rather than sit on the beach somewhere. Okay, maybe its because I am overweight, but I don't like sitting there with a bunch of women who look magnificent, call it a little jealousy or a complex. Its okay though, I am working on losing the weight so my mind might change some other time.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 PM

Actually, there is somewhere I would like to go sometime, that is to Atlantis, Paradise Island.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susanmaz:
What about Mexico or Hawaii?
Mexico is part of the Western Caribbean itineraries and is somewhat humid at that time. Baja isn't much different on the pacific side. As long as you don't mind a little sun and heat, they are both great cruises. Hawaii offers great itineraries at that time of year. It's tropical so it won't vary to much.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Lori I hope you like St. Thomas and Puerto Rico too! Those are usually part of an itinerary going to Nassau.

By the way, I don't look all that great lounging on a beach but it hasn't stopped me yet. Good luck on the changes you want to make. I have lost hundreds of pounds...well, over the years. I am not a success story for South Beach Diet though.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
3 ideas for you to think about...
1) Bermuda...lovely little island, friendly people ...just right for a relaxing honeymoon.

2) one of the American riverboat paddlesteamers like Delta Queen or American Queen...I've never been on one but its still a cruise

3) how about a cruise in Europe....wonderful romantic venice , historical rome,the romantic amalfi coast, the great little islands around greece ( and its hot during august )
regards Jack

Closed Thread

Tags
august, best, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruising, hot, location, money, month, place, places, rated, reviews