Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 07:25 AM

I guess you missed my point. I did not mention shorts you did I too like to dress up as I do have lovely attire as well and I have been on more than 20 cruises I was saying some cruises not all should be more relaxed like men in nice slacks with nice shirts, maybe even a sweater same for woman.
And before you say it I realize there is a lido buufet where I could eat. There are some cruise lines (more premium than Celebrity or Hal) that do offer this to Alaska. I was just saying it would be nice to see some of the other lines do this. By the way I do wear shorts in the diningroom for breakfast & lunch.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Are you trying to gather support for a request to the cruise lines for making some ships casual-only? You could certainly try requesting it, but I suspect that things will remain status quo for dress code. There seems to be a substantial number of cruise passengers who enjoy the formal nights. We personally like the casual style and have managed to go on Cruise West once. Will have to save a lot more pennies to go again, but I'd sure like to! (Incidentally, their casual style extends to all their cruises, whether Alaska, Cal. wine country, Baja Mexico or - now - the Northeast and the Great Lakes. That's one of their hallmarks, just like Freestyle is for NCL, "Fun Ships" for Carnival, etc.)
Old 04-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Karen,
A Cruise ship in the Great Lakes?? If a cruise ship showed up in the Milwaukee port I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Too bad RCCL don't take some of their older ships and do something like that. At least from May to October.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:16 PM

Actually, there are several cruises in the Great Lakes, but they are smaller ships. A smallish European liner at least used to run cruises from Chicago (sorry, not Milwaukee) to Quebec, but I think these itineraries are now only on truly small ships, either yacht-like or expedition-like, 100-200 passengers. They're not publicized like the others, and as gatorgirl mentioned, they are pricey.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 AM

Karen:
I think Regent Seven Seas is casual as well for Alaska & Bora Bora. I might check that one as I do not think they are as pricey as cruise west. Did you enjoy cruise west?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the information. My wife and I are too spoiled to sail on smaller than a Vision class ship

Closed Thread