Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi everyone, on debarking day I am thinking about booking a flight to get home from Ft.Lauderdale at 11:15 a.m .Is it too early, or will we make it ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tanya
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi everyone, on debarking day I am thinking about booking a flight to get home from Ft.Lauderdale at 11:15 a.m .Is it too early, or will we make it ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Tanya
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-21-2008, 08:26 AM

I always recommend not taking a flight before noon. However; the airport is very close to the pier. If you do self-disembarkation or are one of the first off the ship you should make it. Always keep in mind though unexpected events can happen.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you Jan, I guess I should book a later flight. And one more question. Has anybody ever booked your air with Orbitz before? I've check some of the fly with Airtran website, the time and the date I want is way too expensive. Then my daughter saw the same flight schedule with Airtran from Orbitz is very cheap, should I go ahead and book with Orbitz. Is this web site trustable? And what about their price assurance? They say if the price goes down, we get difference money back--has anybody done this before?Thanks.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-21-2008, 01:14 PM

That little voice in your head that makes you ask "Will I make it?" is a built in alarm we all have, or should have. When it goes off, you'd be well advised to listen to it. Much like a conscience, listening to the warnings our brains send is always the best and safest route. When we over-rule that little voice, it is often at our own peril.

I'm certain I've booked with Orbits before but can't remember a specific instance. I use a couple of sites that search the internet like sidestep.com or kayak.com often and they frequently link to Orbits and other discount sites when they find the lowest fare. I just click on the rate I want and book through whoever the links take me to. So far I have had no trouble with this process. But clicking and booking anonymously does set off those little voices occasionally. Recently I discovered that sometimes you can call the airlines direct and let them know the rate and where you found it and, not always but sometimes they'll get you the same rate. That makes me feel better about the booking.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

With Carnival, you can leave early if you carry your own bags off. We were off the ship by 8:30 am. Debark goes very quick. The airport is very close (2 miles max)
I would not hesitate to have a flight at 11:30 at port everglades. Now if I was at cape canaveral and had to drive an hour to Orlando, then I would book a later flight. Also, I have booked many, many times with Orbitz and always received great service. They automatically call you with updates etc...

Sodey
Old 06-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Thank you Neil and Tom for your advice. After all I did not book my fly today. I think something wrong with Priceline and Orbitz website. Every thing was okay until I'm ready to pay for my tickets and they had a message that the flights I selected are not available. I already think it was weird because Airtran round trip from Denver to Fll is cost about $1000, but on those website is only $240. My daughter called Orbitz, they said the flight was unavailable because the schedule changed and they just hadn't updated the website yet .
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 06-23-2008, 01:21 PM

I recently had a 10:20 flight out of FLL, I made it in plenty of time.
Just sign up to be the first group off the ship.

John
Old 06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi John, I'm still waiting for the crazy airfare to go down. And if we're going to fly home at 11:14 a.m. I guess we better do the self-debarking like Cruise Fanatic advised.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
debarking, liberty, mariner, orbitz, seas