Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Has anyone received their compensation from Princess for the above sailing? We had the misfortune of flying to England, standing outside for over 2 hours in miserable weather, registering, unpacking etc. and then finally being told the
cruise was cancelled due to mechanical issues.

We finally heard from Princess---they don't wish to pay for a taxi that took us to the airport(I had a receipt), for food eaten while waiting in Gatwick for our transfer to the ship (this was supposedly pre cruise and not covered in their compensation package). The Princess rep told us to have something and that Princess would reimburse us.

I had a talk with one of their customer care people and was told that the 25% discount of the fare we purchased could be used toward another cruise. They fail to understand that each case should be judged on its own merits. How can one compare people who flew from North America to those who came by bus or car to the ship in Southampton (people from the U.K. were in the majority).

A cruise on The Regal Princess was cancelled and Princess gave 35% toward another cruise. Also, 1 1/2 cruises on the Millenium (Celebrity) have just been cancelled and they have been given either 1 free cruise or 50% towards another cruise, plus, reimbursement for their original cruise and their airfare.

Yes, we have been refunded our cruise money and still are awaiting a cheque for our airfare.

Any comments or suggestions would be most welcome
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM

I just wanted to see if I would get a reply if I wrote it to myself.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM

What are you wanting? Most places will not pay for meals, you had to eat anyway. That might not be correct but it is the way of things.
I would not be happy either, wasted vacations days and all but I do not think you have a free cruise coming.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Just the thought of that kind of trouble give me a hernia.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
What are you wanting? Most places will not pay for meals, you had to eat anyway. That might not be correct but it is the way of things.
I would not be happy either, wasted vacations days and all but I do not think you have a free cruise coming.
Please read the private message that I sent you
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Posted July 16, 2007 06:18 PM Hide Post
quote:

Please read

Do not see one!!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Henia:
quote:
Gary,

For an experienced cruiser, your knowledge of what cruise lines will do to satisfy loyal customers is somewhat naive.

I have had the pleasure of being on over 80 cruises and have been fortunate enough to see much of the world. I give seminars on board ships, and have been on the very best and probably what I would consider the worst (Marco Polo).

Regent (the former Radisson), had the same issues and gave their passengers another cruise free of charge. This also was the case with Celebrity.

As an experienced cruiser, I am sure that you are aware that cruise lines are highly insured. Also, each case should be viewed separately, and treated accordingly.

Case in point...should people who were in the majority on the Sea Princess who came to the port by car or bus be given the same treatment as those who flew for long periods from North America.

Also, re the "eating" issue. If the Princess Rep said to eat and that Princess would reimburse the cost, why then would Princess reneg??? It is not really the amount of money, but rather the principle involved.

Think about it...

Please read the private message that I sent you
Old 07-16-2007, 08:06 PM

Still not sure what you are after... do not see a private message.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

Completely off topic...."Near Yosemite"...ashamed of Molesto, er, Modesto?

Just kidding.

Let's see, a world traveler, 80+ cruises, on board presenter, clearly an expert. Asking a question...hmmmmmm. I'm curious: what are you expecting?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Posted July 16, 2007 08:10 PM Hide Post
Completely
Modesto? Do not live there. Live about 12 miles from Yosemite.

How was Oregon...wet?

Closed Thread