Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I noticed on the HAL website that the price on our cruise went down abit. I e-mailed my HAL Personal Cruise Consultant and asked if price drops were automatically accounted for on booked cruises. He told me that they do not automatically adjust booked cruises, but if asked, they will do the adjustment, up until the time of final payment. Ergo, where I have in the past made the final payment months before sailing, I'll now be waiting until the final due date. It was only $100 this time, but who knows what will happen in the next 328 days (when final payment is due !) It pays to keep your eye on these things. The $100 will pay for an excursion or massage or lots of beer.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 PM

Susan, Carnival has been much more lenient about doing this even past the actual due date recently. Never pay your final payment until due. You could be earning interest on the money!

Even if you have paid the entire balance before it was due they should do the adjustment up until the due date. Just because it is paid doesn't mean there can not be adjustments made during this time.

Another thing to keep in mind though is if you booked when there was a lower fuel supplement, they will most likely include that in the new rate.

This ate up some of my first OBC with Carnival. Since you are no where near the official final payment due date, I would call them back and get the adjustment. Even if there is a fuel supplement adjustment, and it eats up some of the credit or OBC. They will at least have everything straightened out for possible future adjustments.

I just went through this with Carnival last month. My first OBC, took quite a while on hold, while they figured out the new fuel supplement calculations. I was locked in for $5, and the new was $9. The next 2 went much easier after.

I am not a HAL expert though. Hope this helps.

Dwayne
Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 PM
The fuel surcharge was the first thing I looked at on the new confirmation.... stayed at $5.00/day . . . one of the benefits of booking 20 months out - If I get to benefit from further price reductions, the first thing I'll check is if the fuel supplement will change...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Good for you Susan!

I am glad this worked out for you.

Dwayne
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

My agent just e-mailed to to say she was doing her "routine" check of client bookings and my cruise fare has dropped $400 - which she of course got for me. She also had two other bookings that got shipboard credits. All I had to do was open my e-mail. A great agent is invaluable!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:51 PM

I was going to respond to this post yesterday and didn't get a chance. I called RCCL about our cruise in January and the rate for our cabin had dropped by $150 per person. So we saved $300! How fun!

Nadine
Old 10-16-2008, 08:32 PM

It pays to also inquire whether any higher cabin categories are now less expensive than the one in which you're booked. I know someone sailing Celebrity next month, and the price of their ocean view room went down $100 per person. However, there is now a balcony guarantee category available for $200 per person less than their ocean view! Sometimes cruise lines run special sales on certain categories so it always pays to ask.

Sandy
Old 10-17-2008, 04:16 PM

Thank you Sandy! I need to call RCCL in the next few days so I will check with them on that.

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
booked, caribbean, carnival, check, cost, cruise, days, fare, leave, liner, match, norwegian, price, prices, recently, royal, til, website