Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Do any of the cruise-lines offer anytime dining like Princess?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Yes- NCL has Freestyle Cruising, which is the best thing since sliced bread- except that everyone on this board seems to disagree with me!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:19 PM

i also agree that ncl dining is awesome,we were on the dawn last year,and this year we are going with rccl,voyager of the seas,i hope I will have a good review of their dining setup
Old 07-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Carla, I am not sure why you surmised that everyone on this board disagrees with you regarding "freestyle dining". I know I enjoy dining when, where and with whom I want. I just think it is not an ideal situation for singles AND I do not feel that the meals in the main dining room are on the same par as the alternative (read: additional surcharge) venues on NCL. I believe I have stated numerous times -if you are willing to pay the extra money to dine at the optional restaurants than your dining experiences can be great!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Agreed re: singles and cover charge restaurants (but two for one deals come to 7.50 a head on some nights- can't beat that!).

I don't know if I was referring to this site specifically... I think the Freestyle Cruising afficionados number about 2% of all who weigh in on the issue.

I will say that although this site is not as busy as some others, it is far and away the best. Much better than cruisecritic. I have gotten to the point where I hate the message boards on the other sites- the setup, the repitition, the blinding colors and annoying graphics, and it just seems that this one attracts a higher category of cruiser.

Too tired to make cruise line analogies right now.

Just compare the reviews- that says it all. Either you guys do a better job of selection and editing or you just attract a different clientele.

Carla
Old 07-16-2005, 02:19 AM

Carla,
While I am one of those that prefers traditional dining, I totally agree with your statement regarding the quality of this site. I don't post frequently, but I read this board on a regular basis and find the caliber of posts and responses to be far and above other sites.

I find this site to be easy to navigate (maybe because it isn't so populated - but that's fine by me) and you don't see the inane posts that are totally unrelated to the thread (even though this particular post has gotten away from the original topic ) and petty squabbles seen on other sites. I also like that someone new to cruising can get a straight answer from knowledgable people without being flamed.

Carla was right on the money with her compliment - Keep up the good work guys!
Old 07-16-2005, 05:17 AM

Freestyle is great! All of the luxury lines offer "dine when you want" and usually have a couple of alternative restaurants in addition to the main dining venue and many of the premium lines have a couple alternative restaurants in their newer ships. I would say that the trend is towards more freedom of dining choices rather than less.

Also, thanks for the kind words about Cruise-Chat.com. Sometimes smaller is better....VBG.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, better, compare, cruise, cruisecritic, dining, line, theseas, voyager