Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 05:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
quote:
Yes, it would be a boy's night on the town!

Just like Karrie and IBCRUZIN, their night would be boys night as well!

For different reasons of course!

I don't like actors except when they are acting, (why would anyone listen to these high school drop-outs?) singers are usually full of themselves, so no celebrities, no politicians because they are full of BS, let's see I guess that leaves your average cruise passenger. After all it's only one meal and it's not about me.

Ken
Old 05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Mom and Dad, so I could ask all the questions I thought about AFTER they passed away (how dare they), i.e. geneology stuff, more WWII stories;
my incomparable wife, Renee, who has put up with my menutia for a long, long, time; David Sylvan Fine, whom I met at a California Golden Seals hockey games in the mid to late 1970s, living underground and by the name of Will Lewes (he was born in Lewes, MN) while he was on the FBIs 10 most wanted list (he'd been underground as a member of the group who bombed and killed a staff member at the Univ of Wisconsin ROTC building in the late 60s); Chef Ken to guide me through the epicurian delights; f-mattox to guide me through my tone deaf musical appreciation; Barry Bonds, so I could tell him Hank Aaron did it without cheating; J. Toney Serra, renowned defense attorney with whom I have battled over sentencing guidelines and recommendations (remember the movie "True Believer" with James Woods-that guy); Joe Pistone, aka Donnie Brasco (remember the movie Donnie Brasco---get it!), whom I met in Atlantic City last week (we both spoke at a national gang conference); and last but not least, the Dhali Lama.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm with Chef Ken on this one, as long as I'm on a ship I don't really care who's at the table.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Mom and Dad, so I could ask all the questions I thought about AFTER they passed away (how dare they), i.e. geneology stuff, more WWII stories;
my incomparable wife, Renee, who has put up with my menutia for a long, long, time; David Sylvan Fine, whom I met at a California Golden Seals hockey games in the mid to late 1970s, living underground and by the name of Will Lewes (he was born in Lewes, MN) while he was on the FBIs 10 most wanted list (he'd been underground as a member of the group who bombed and killed a staff member at the Univ of Wisconsin ROTC building in the late 60s); Chef Ken to guide me through the epicurian delights; f-mattox to guide me through my tone deaf musical appreciation; Barry Bonds, so I could tell him Hank Aaron did it without cheating; J. Toney Serra, renowned defense attorney with whom I have battled over sentencing guidelines and recommendations (remember the movie "True Believer" with James Woods-that guy); Joe Pistone, aka Donnie Brasco (remember the movie Donnie Brasco---get it!), whom I met in Atlantic City last week (we both spoke at a national gang conference); and last but not least, the Dhali Lama.

You are such a nice guy for putting my at your table! I think the Lama probably wouldn't appreciate blue jeans in the dining room...or meat for that matter!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

I think we could probably get a few drinks down his gullett and he'd be the hit of the table! You know, making his water glass sing, getting six spoons to hang on his face, a couple of good belches, and maybe a little bit of armpit music. He might even try to play footsie under the table with my wife!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:02 PM

He'd fit in well on toga night.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM
TrvlPro, you knocked me off my chair with that one--best laugh I've had in quite a while.

goin'cruisin', and honor to be invited to your table; I would love to listen to you expound on the intricacies of fine wine.

Who knows--if all goes well, we might get to actually do it in August "08!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 AM
Banned

JFK... only because I was too young to remember him as our Commander in Chief. That one's for you, Carl.

Honestly, dinner with just my husband and our daughters. We don't spend a lot of dinner time together as a family, due to my husband's hours.
The only "celebrity" that I admire and would love to talk to is Ina Garten.
A'ndrea
Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 AM
Banned

Kind of like the George Thorogood song....I prefer to dine alone....except for breakfast with my good buddy weiser....you know the rest.

Oh and A'ndrea....for the record, I too DO NOT recall JFK as Commander In Chief!!

I think dining with the members of this forum would be much more entertaining than any Celebrity!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Banned

Carl, just ribbing you.

I wholeheartedly agree. Dinner with posters on this site would be fun and entertaining, to say the least.
A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
david, fine, sylvan