Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 01:38 PM

My husband and I are consider a cruise to the Mexican Riviera or Hawaii in 2 years. We have been on 2 Alaska cruises. I could go back there but he says he wants to go somewhere different. We have never cruise anything but HAL ships. Any suggestions on which cruise and maybe a different cruise line. We like HAL but Im curious about other ships, although I see the Oosterdam does the Mexico cruise and we loved that ship. Any input would be great. Those cruises look cheap compared to Alaska.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
How about Princess ...we did the MR on the Dawn and it was very nice.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-25-2006, 02:41 PM

I have been kind of leaning toward Princess. I have seen a couple of their ships on the Alaska cruises and they look really nice. I went to the Princess website and was hoping for a virtual reality tour like they do on the HAL website but no luck. How did you like the MR and what is the best time of year to go. I dont want it to be too hot, but warm enough to enjoy the water if we get a chance in a port.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
We went in Oct and in Mexico it was too hot to do much. I think Jan & Feb should be fine.
We are doing a Panama Canal cruise in Jan/Feb that stops in Cabo, Acapulco and L.A. and the weather looks in the 80's for Mexico.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 AM

Thanks, will try January or February probably 2009 then. We live in Minnesota ro leaving for Mexico that time of year would be wonderful. NO SNOW!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Greyson:
We live in Minnesota ro leaving for Mexico that time of year would be wonderful. NO SNOW!
Yes I know what you mean!

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 10-28-2006, 06:54 AM

I was on a HAL ship in the mexican riviera and it was very nice. If you are going during January or February I would suggest you make sure you get down to Cabo and further south as the warm weather only starts in Cabo. The reason I'm saying this is that HAL has a trip that includes a few ports that go up the Baha Peninsula that can be cold at that time of year.

I've just booked an NCL trip to the Mexican Riviera that goes all the way down to Acopulco and its an eight day trip. I've never been on NCL and it has gotten mixed reviews. I would guess by reading all the reviews that if you want to make sure you enjoy your trip that you go on a premium line such as HAL or Celebrity.

I've also been on Celebrity also and they do a top notch job.. I find both ships can be a bit boring/stuffy, but then again everything was about as perfect as you can get. If you like a pleasant trip done in a more first class environment you can't go wrong with these two cruise lines.

Best wishes!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
jstrack is correct: the Pacific side of the Baja peninsula can be cool in Jan.-March; but I must point out that HAL sails up the Sea of Cortez, or east side of the peninsula to La Paz, etc. and it can be quite warm. If I had 10-11 days this would be my choice; OR Princess' 11 day round trip from San Francisco. You get all the way down to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and Acapulco plus five relaxing days at sea. Dawn Princess is a little older and smaller but for me, that's a PLUS!
If you only have 7 days then Diamond Princess out of Los Angeles is your cruise. And with the difference in price between Alaska and Mexico you can get a Mini-Suite. My wife and I did this last March and it was one of our best trips ever. Just don't go later than March--It gets HOT! You"ll get a chance to enjoy the water in EVERY port.
Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time.

Closed Thread