Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Im sure this has been asked before but I live in New Orleans and want to go on a cruise. This is the first time I have lived near a port and had the flexibility to go last minute. Is it risky to wait to the day of a cruise to book it down at the port? How much can you get off?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2010, 03:43 PM

aviatorchris

Because of security, you no longer can book a cruise at the port. You must book in advance prior to arriving at the port.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Posts: 572*|*Location: New Jersey*|*Registered: September 24, 2007
I know September is usually the cheapest time to book a cruise for. What's the easiest way to get upgrades/ship credit since it's their down time?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 PM

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but I can tell you it's not a good source. You can go to a website of any cruise line and see what the prices are for the port you want to sail out of. The best price will be for an inside cabin on a lower deck. You'll pay more for an outside cabin, and even more for a balcony cabin. Usually prices are higher from April through August, and during the Holidays. There is no easy way to get upgrades - they seem to be pretty rare. You might want to talk to a travel agent that specializes in cruises.

Sonny
Old 10-02-2010, 05:21 AM

whats a good website of recommended travel agents?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Click HERE, and then scroll down a bit and use the search function on the right. This will lead to a list of travel agents who are certified by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), meaning they have passed CLIA's rigorous requirements -- including coursework, exams, and experience -- to best help you find the cruise that is right for you.

Tags
cruise, experiences, september