Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM

I haven't visited this site in awhile, but, why does Cruise Review not have any current reviews? There isn't a single one for 2008, and I checked for every ship!

Did they change a policy whereas they no longer post formal reviews? If so, why?

Furthermore, the review I posted for our Brilliance of the Seas cruise (which was highly favorable), which was posted back in May 2006, is no longer there.

Is this review site no longer maintained, while the chat site is? Are they not connected?

Dolby1000
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM

It so funny that you mentioned this because I went on there too & saw nothing. I thought I had the wrong place & didn't know what I was doing. I guess I should do my review of my cruise a few weeks ago then.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM

so the answer is what? no reviews?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator

The forum owner is in the process of making some changes to how reviews are handled. As such, they have held off on posting new ones until the software update is ready.

The cruise-chat forum is owned by the same company as cruisereviews.com, but the two sites are really separate. For instance, my access to the cruise reviews is the same as yours. I have no admin powers there.

The software rollout is supposed to be happening soon. In fact I have a telecon with Internet Brands management tomorrow and plan to ask for an update.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
This subject has been mentioned earlier in this section with a post started by tncruiseman titled " Possible Group Effort " on may 9th

I made some pretty strong remarks about this but on receiving a rational & reasonable reply from Dave decided to give the new owners a chance to update the review site without stirring things up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
For instance, my access to the cruise reviews is the same as yours. I have no admin powers there.
Well yes I do believe that Dave but you're not telling the whole story or are you ?

I had a look today at " Meet the staff "

There are four editors there with their photos:
Tom Ogg last review 2006
Nancy Norris last review 2006
and a contributing editor with no surname called ....Dave...smart looking chap with a bow tie.
Well blow me down.....when I click on " Daves Page " I find out its Dave Beers hinmself.

Guess what.....Daves' last cruise review was in 2002. What no cruises in 2004,2005,2006, when the site was actually running ???
Dave ...you must of had access to your page and you seem to have forgotten to update it with a cruise review when the site was working well.

Dave are you feeling a little embarrassed....don't be I'm not really blaming you.....you've worked very hard on this forum as you've always put in 100% effort to be available.....
I just think possibly you may have taken your eye off the ball on the cruise review site.

Dave regarding the phone call tomorrow with IB management let them know that several members of the forum are interested in whats happening and the sooner they get it up & running with new ships added etc the better.Can you manage to get a date out of them for when it will be a normal crusie review site ? Also don't forget about tncruisemans suggestion of members might help with posting new reviews.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Jack it may be a good idea to ask in private before posting your assumptions in public.

I am telling the whole story and no, I am not embarrassed. The staff page was put together when Tom Ogg owned the forum. Tom and Nancy were the website administrators and all reviews and staff info was submitted to them and they uploaded it. I have never had any control over cruisereviews.com. When Tom sold cruisereviews.com and cruise-chat to Internet Brands he and Nancy both left for other interests.

As for the reviews linked in my staff info page, those are reviews from the old Sealetter.com site which I used to help run along with LisaP. I didn't even join this forum until December 2005. Look at the url's for the reviews and you'll see what I mean. Tom purchased sealetter shortly before he sold this place. I have no idea who owns sealetter these days.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM

Jack- I realize you are just being funny, but you need to realize that Tom Ogg sold the site to Internet Brands (IB). Dave lost his access rights to those upper pages then.. IB never removed any of the original editing staff's pictures nor have then done much with that area since.

Shame on you....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM

Dang he is fast.. Dave you beat me to it
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes Jim .....he was fast.

May I take this opportunity to apologise to you Dave if my post offended you. I've always found you to be a straightforward guy.
Actually I think Jim realised it was sort of toungue in cheek...part humour /part enquirey
Not one of my best efforts....but hey wait till my next post.....you never know it might impress you ( and then again possibly )

Back to the topic....will wait to hear what IB have to say to you tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
will wait to hear what IB have to say to you tomorrow.
I can tell you that the upgrade is supposed to make it easier for members to upload reviews without the need for a website administrator to be involved. This was already the #1 topic on my punch list for the telecon, so you can be assured I'll follow up.

No need for an apology. I am a bit distracted and short on humor today with it being 100 degrees outside and too hot to mow the lawn - yet I need to mow it before the impending cruise.

Closed Thread