Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2005, 08:10 AM

Hi!
I am going for my first cruise this summer in Alaska for 7 days and I am debating between the Celebrity Summit and Dawn or Island Princess.
Also, my wife never felt good on small boat so does it matter if I am in the back or the front of the ship to feel less movment. Do you smell fuel or hear and feel the engine at the back?
Thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 08:10 AM

Hi!
I am going for my first cruise this summer in Alaska for 7 days and I am debating between the Celebrity Summit and Dawn or Island Princess.
Also, my wife never felt good on small boat so does it matter if I am in the back or the front of the ship to feel less movment. Do you smell fuel or hear and feel the engine at the back?
Thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 09:23 AM

You can't go wrong with any of the ships you are considering. I would choose the itinerary that sounds most interesting to you. Virtually all of the Inside Passage cruises sail in sheltered waters (much like a river) With the exception of a small area that is exposed to the open ocean if there are swells cruising the Inside Passage, you will have no sense of motion at all.

The noise from the engines is well insulated, so you will not hear any engine noise whatsoever.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 01-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Thanks a lot Tom for your fast respond.
In your opinion, which Itinerary is better: College Fjord and Glacier Bay versus Hubbard Glacier and Icy Strait Point?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:17 PM

I would highly recommend College Fjord & Glacier Bay
As Tom stated you should not have any trouble with ship movement. For noise if you are way to the front or back on certain decks you can get some noise.
Enjoy!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-16-2005, 12:04 PM

I may be going against the popular opinion, but I much prefer Hubbard Glacier over Glacier Bay. Having done both it was just much more impressive to my way of thinking.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:33 PM

I have to agree about Hubbard Glacier. While the experience isn't as diverse as Glacier Bay, it is impressive!

But then, it is all wonderful, isn't it?

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, alska, bay, celebrity, cruise, cruises, cruisesprincess, glacier, hubbard, ollege, princess, review, reviews, versus