Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 11:56 AM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 11:56 AM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 12:47 PM

Megan, a cruise is a great choice for a honeymoon! So much depends on your own personal preferences, that I suggest two things: 1 - read all the cruise reviews you can about both ships, bearing in mind that perhaps half of the people writing the reviews have an ax to grind, and 2- meet with a travel counselor, preferably one who specializes in cruises, to discuss and book your trip with her/him. Honeymoons make precious memories - it's best if you have someone to stand behind you, and a travel counselor (travel agent) who knows cruises will be able to steer you to the ship and cruise that is right for you. Congratulations, and good luck!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:26 AM

Yes, Megen a cruise would make a great honeymoon.I am a home based agent with Cruises Inc. and we have a great website with info and pictures of the ships (www.cruisesinc.com/jipock).I have sailed and toured both Carnival and Royal Caribbean.Carnival is more of a laid back, fun, party atmosphere.The ships are definitely fun.They have large cabins, plenty of good food,etc.The eastern Caribbean is known for pretty beaches and shoppping.Royal Caribbean is a little more refined in my opinion.You can still party, but the ship does not go all night.The food is a litte better,cabins a little smaller.The western Caribbean is known for water sports such as diving and snorkeling.I personally prefer Royal Caribbean but I have no reservations about recommmending Carnival either.Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, caribbean, cruise, cruisesinccom, forum, grind, honeymoon, people, reviews, royal