Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM

We are looking at Russian River Cruises for this spring and would like input. We are specifically looking at the cruise with the Russian National Orchestra. Has anyone been on that cruise? Has anyone cruised on the M/s Tchaikovsky?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 PM

Can't say that I have ever been on one of those cruises, but I will say that I have travelled on many hydrofoils down the Volga-Don and always have the same memories. Absolutely stunning scenery. The water is smooth and the shorelines are expansive. If you add the Russian orchestra, I couldn't imagine a more serene cruise.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 PM

I was thinking of a Russian River cruise for 2009, but read some reviews on here. I've changed my mind. Possibly I read skewed reviews, very cramped quarters, bathrooms seem like an issue and the food was rated terrible. Suggest to get input from a veteran.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 AM

I believe if you go on a "true" Russian cruise you will experience a totally different experience than going on a river cruise through an American tour operator. Uniworld and Viking River Cruises, or river cruises booked through tour operators like Globus, Trafalgar, and Insight will provide an experience consistent to what Americans are used to. The ships used through these tour operators will have ship board amenities, cuisine to American's taste, and cabins will be similar to size of some of the major American cruise lines. There will be more Americans in the passenger mix. If you go on a "true" Russian river cruise you are likely to experience a language barrier, cramped quarters, and food not to your taste.

Closed Thread

Tags
collette, cruise, cruises, cruising, general, review, reviews, reviu, river, rusian, russia, russian, sites, victoria, viking, web