Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 06:30 AM

We love snorkeling and some of the best trips we have had are on private catamarans. The crew, usually husband and wife, live on board. They serve local food, some have lunches, some just snacks. Some have served mimosas, most serve rum punch, beer and water (the beer being local). We were introduced to bajan pepper sauce this way. We always enjoy the local culture. Just out of college, I guess a catamaran would be out of your price range, so wave runners would work. You could have a stand on a beach for refreshments after a dynamite snorkel. Best wishes in your new endeavor. Haven't been to the Turks in ages, maybe we'll get there soon.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 AM

Why not capitalize on the trendy themes that are so popular now. Do a treasure hunt theme on your jet skis or island....collaborate with some popular bars, restaurants and sites that give clues to the next. Or do a survivor theme? You are on the right track....just keep thinking!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 AM

Katy- I think a treasure hunt sounds so fun!! And a little different than all the other tours. Sign me up!!

Old 03-13-2006, 01:35 PM

Hey kate... the survivor/treasure hunt sounds like a very good idea. I wanna make sure i stay on the right trace.. so ur saying to make it like something like the TV show survivor? What will i offer as the treasure...hummm.
I really like that idea though i think i am gonna definately go with that.. So what do u think i should offer?

Thanks for the help guys i am working on this day and night with the investment co. so i have my fingers crossed that i am approved for the loan.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:00 AM

I've given this some thought. Why not get other places on the island to buy into your idea. Get the clues to go to the different areas and shops on your island. Then once they are there they get a free drink or a special offer and then go to the next spot. You would end at your establishment and the one with all the clues or the the one that returns closest to the time you give gets something from your place....a T shirt, a discount for the next trip, etc. It would be a great way to have your island show-cased and get other businesses on the island to "buy-in" to your business. You would also need to limit the number of people doing this...so you would want other activites as well. Let us know how it all works out. I know this is something I would love! A treasure map-beautiful island-and the chance to win something!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM

Hi Enzo...
I was looking at your ideas and was wondering if you were able to get anything going. We will be there on the Crown Princess in about 2 weeks. Our friends were asking about jet ski's. Let me know if you were able to set this up.
Jim.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:15 PM

I think the jet ski tours would be an excellent Idea. I love jet skis and it's great fun to have a tour, better than just going around on your own. Make sure you have good insurance.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 AM

Is the jet ski tour at Grand Turk up and running yet? Do you have a web site or email contact yet? We are travelling in a group of four adults and will be arriving in Grand Turk on November 7th with Holland America (Westerdam) at 10AM and departing at 6PM. We would love a day excursion on jet skis to visit various areas of Grand Turk and neighbouring islands --- looking for a local flair!

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, caicos, caribbean, grand, islands, march, museum, national, princess, tci, turk, turks