Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 09:07 PM

I want to book a cruise but I keep seeing different listings for single, double, and 3-4-5 prices. I have never been on a cruise before and need a translator. I have 2 people to book for and am interested in a Verandah cabin with a queen bed and balcony that can occupy up to 3 people. If we booked that cabin, would the cruise line book a single peron in our same room??? If not then would be have to pay the "double" rate?? I am so confused.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:07 PM

I want to book a cruise but I keep seeing different listings for single, double, and 3-4-5 prices. I have never been on a cruise before and need a translator. I have 2 people to book for and am interested in a Verandah cabin with a queen bed and balcony that can occupy up to 3 people. If we booked that cabin, would the cruise line book a single peron in our same room??? If not then would be have to pay the "double" rate?? I am so confused.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:46 PM

I'm very confused as to what you're asking. Why would you want the price for a 3rd person, if only 2 of you are going, or are there 3 going. Many rooms have the capability of holding up to 4 people in a stateroom, and would list the prices of a 3rd or 4th occupant on the price page. Some ships don't have the option for more than 2 in a stateroom, and others will try to book people to share a double room, if you so requested. The 3rd or 4th person are bunks that pull down for the most part, and used for children. Hopefully this will clarify it a little. I would recommend that you go to a "Cruise Only" travel agent. They would answer any and all questions you might have. Above all, DON'T BOOK ONLINE. Goodluck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the reply. I actually didnt want the price for the 3rd person, here is an example of how it is listed:
single double 1-3 max
xxxx.xx xxxx.xx xxx.xx
Is the price listed under 1-3 for if you have 3 people? I basically need to know which price I should be looking at as cost to me with 2 people. Sorry about the confusion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 06:35 AM

The rooms are prices are given normally on per person double occupancy. The third or fourth person price would be a seperate price not included unless you have a third or fourth person.

In other words if there are 2 of you you will get a standard room rate and that room rate will be per person. If they tell you the room is say $700 that will more than likely be per person so it would total $1400. Usually a third person price would be lower than the normal room rate price.

You will only be charged for the 2 people in the room. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 06:42 AM

And they won't make you share your room with a stranger either! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Also you should know that the price per person that is quoted often is just the "cruise fare"; there are additional charges, like port charges and taxes, which are added to that fare, so be sure you know the total price of your cruise. I agree with Sue, go to a travel agent who specializes in cruises (or at least has a lot of experience booking them), as they can help interpret the terms and fine print for you!
Karen

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, occupancy, person, pricing, room, share, single, stateroom