Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 08:36 AM

Hi there! I went on my first cruise last summer to Europe and loved it. I am hoping to go again next sumemr but on a cruise that goes to England, Scotland, and Ireland. My question is this....is there anyone out there that will start taking payments this early, as I probably won't be able to afford to pay them all at once? I did open a savings account to put money in each paycheck until I can start making payments on one. My first cruise was on Princess, and I hope to do Princess again as i'm a captain's circle member now. Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:36 AM

Hi there! I went on my first cruise last summer to Europe and loved it. I am hoping to go again next sumemr but on a cruise that goes to England, Scotland, and Ireland. My question is this....is there anyone out there that will start taking payments this early, as I probably won't be able to afford to pay them all at once? I did open a savings account to put money in each paycheck until I can start making payments on one. My first cruise was on Princess, and I hope to do Princess again as i'm a captain's circle member now. Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:41 AM

When you book on Princess, they require a deposit. Last year it was $900.00 deposit, we booked our next cruise on board and it was only a $200.00 deposit that way. You will have a payment due date, where it will be payment due in full, but until then you can make payments. We're on the Sun in October and will probably book again for next year. Best wishes!!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:17 PM

Hi Penny, so even if they don't know which ones are going to be available yet, do you think I could call Princess and make arrangements to start payments? Thanks!
KERI
1st cruise: 06/01/2005-06/11/2005
Golden Princess-Western European Capitals
Old 03-31-2006, 12:31 PM

Hi!

I would just set up a separate savings account for your cruise and "pay" yourself. Why give the cruise line all your money untill you have too? You can make the interest off of it in the mean time, and that way if plans chane you dont have the hassle of trying to get your money back.

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM

If you are flexible- save now and keep your eye out for last minute cruising deals. It doesn't always have to be a few weeks before. 1 time I did princess and booked about 3 months before the ship left. What they do is if the ship is not booked up by a certain point they get nervous (it costs about the same for a 1/2 full boat to go then a full but the cruise needs it to fill up) so they offer deals. Mine was $100 deposit, plus all kind of free stuff (wine & coupons), and free upgrades. The other times, I just did like 3 weeks before since I got it at 1/2 the price they were asking when the cruise was first offered. It may end up costing you much less then you were planning and use the rest for spending.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:38 PM

To answer your questions- expedia.com does have cruises up to Sept 2007 listed. I don't book through expedia (TA only) but I look at iteniaries and prices so I can decide what I want.

Closed Thread