Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

I will try to give you as much details as I can of what we are looking for....

We are looking for an oceanview or balcony stateroom for June 10th- August 22nd, 2008 for 2-3 people with a decent price. We have a 13 year old son (age as of July 25, 2007) and 1 or 2 seinors (55. We are looking for a lot to do. We do not want to get bored but nor do we want to feel like we have to do stuff. I will NOT go on Carnival due to the horrible reviews I have heard. I have been on RCCL 3 times and was very impressed with the kid programs, food, activities and staff. I dont think I could ask for more but all three of those cruises were caribbean cruises. We may go with some friends too. If you need any other information I would be happy to supply it.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

I will try to give you as much details as I can of what we are looking for....

We are looking for an oceanview or balcony stateroom for June 10th- August 22nd, 2008 for 2-3 people with a decent price. We have a 13 year old son (age as of July 25, 2007) and 1 or 2 seinors (55. We are looking for a lot to do. We do not want to get bored but nor do we want to feel like we have to do stuff. I will NOT go on Carnival due to the horrible reviews I have heard. I have been on RCCL 3 times and was very impressed with the kid programs, food, activities and staff. I dont think I could ask for more but all three of those cruises were caribbean cruises. We may go with some friends too. If you need any other information I would be happy to supply it.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:10 PM

Holland and Princess both have the biggest presence in Alaska. With your description of a multi-generational group and experience with RCI, it's kind of a no-brainer though. Look at Vision of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas. They are the same cruise line in Alaska they are in the Caribb and very family friendly.

The 13 YO pretty much limits the appeal for HAL, although the senior(s) would feel right at home. Princess would be a pretty good choice but why not choose a line that you're comfortable with? NCL has the Pearl, very family friendly and brand new ship if you want other options. What's the beef with Carnival? They also do a very good job with families but have a very limited presence in Alaska.

Whatever you decide, have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Banned

We took the Radiance in July 2005 with a 10 year old and a 14 year old, as well as 3 over 65, 1 at about 55, 3 in their mid to late 40s and 2 right at 50. There wasn't a one of us that didn't have the time of our life. Check out cabin #9584 on the Radiance; it's a balcony on the bubble; great cabin for 3.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Hello,

I would also consider a Celebrity ship to Alaska. Celebrity may be somewhat more upscale than the others you mentioned, but there is a wonderful ambiance to a Celebrity ship and the prices are very competitive with the other cruise lines in Alaska. And there is plenty to do for all ages. Please note that I am not saying that you should take a Celebrity cruise, but you should definitely consider Celebrity as part of your research.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Hope that this helps.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Have to agree with Neil and G.C.;

If you are happy with RCI, why change?

And you won't find a more honest opinion than that of Mr. G.C..
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

In the immortal words of Harry Wendelstadt, "I call 'em as I see 'em."

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, carnival, cruie, cruise, friendly, kid, line, lines, lline, ports, rating, review, reviews, reviiews, time